Thread: Anchorage fishing June 28th-30th

Default Anchorage fishing June 28th-30th

So I'm heading to Anchorage for work on the 28th thought 30th. I was hoping to spend some time in the evenings chasing something. I know it sounds crazy but I'm not terribly interested in chasing salmon. I can get plenty of those down here. And my pack rod is pretty light weight so it won't handle a king anyway, but it will handle a pike or rainbow. Anybody have a good recommedation for some evening fishing?

After reading the "Pike Shotgun" thread I considered trying lower fire lake, but it seems like you need a boat of some sort to access the productive portions of the lake. Where would you guys go for some evening entertainment fishing?

Default Rainbow

If your interested, pm or email me, and ill show you a few local lakes.

I'm fairly new to the area myself, and not into Salmon also. But I do fish for rainbows and dollys litterally everyday. Lately I've been doing great for numbers (about 10 a hour) but poor on size (mostly 8 - 14 inch trout). But like I said if your interested in catching a pile of trout of decent size, email me. I can also provide you a list of lakes, baits, and locations to try, all within Anchorage, and all from shore.