Thread: sea lice??

Default sea lice??

hi all...i was reading the last shrimp post about sea lice..is that a factor when fishing for crabs?....say, 15-100 feet, or are the way down deep?..thanks larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Are you sure your not worried about Sand Fleas? Sea lice are on lots of different fish, like Kings and Halibut. Sand Fleas are different. They'll pick long lines clean.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Are you sure your not worried about Sand Fleas? Sea lice are on lots of different fish, like Kings and Halibut. Sand Fleas are different. They'll pick long lines clean.

hi pike , well i am not sure,,,,in the last post about "shrimp bait", they talk about sea lice eating all the shrimp bait,,,,i am just wondering if that is an issue in the crab pots in shallower water?..thanks larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Oh yea, ok I see what your talking about. Yes, you will pull up lots of Sea lice in your shrimp pots but they won't eat all your shrimp bait. Just pack it full of bait and you won't have any problems.

I've never seen sea lice come up in Crab pots.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.