Thread: Camera Land

Thumbs up Camera Land

Okay,

I ordered a Pentax scope today from Doug. No problems, no worries. I did order from Cameraland but for me Doug and Cameraland are one in the same. He answered all of my questions about eyepieces and put my doubts to rest. I will let you know when it arrives and if everything is as advertised.

He has a killer deal on the Pentax 65 ED spotting scopes and on Pentax Rifle Scopes. Call him and he will explain as it really is a chance to get a smoking deal!!!!

Ask him about the Zeiss line too.

Matt M

Did you go with the straight or angled body? I finally decided to take the plunge and order the ED-A version. My only experience has been with straight spotting scopes. After talking with friends and Doug, I think the angled will be a nice change; their must be a reason he sells 5 angled to 1 straight! I also took stock in what Synd had to say about the angled and his opinion on the glass. I just hope it can do double duty at the range too!

Wyatt

You guys are killing me here! I haven't bought mine yet. I'm in the proccess of buying reloading equipment. Well, hopefully this summer I'll get mine.

Be sure to post some reviews after you get them.

Default Tripod for the 65ED-A

Now I need a new tripod to go with the glass! I have looked at the Velbon Ultra MAXI SF, MAXiF and Manfrotto 718SHB, but not sure if there is something better for around the same price? I want something light, quick to set-up and steady. Snyd you might as well pick the whole set-up for me!

Wyatt

Forum Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Now I need a new tripod to go with the glass! I have looked at the Velbon Ultra MAXI SF, MAXiF and Manfrotto 718SHB, but not sure if there is something better for around the same price? I want something light, quick to set-up and steady. Snyd you might as well pick the whole set-up for me!

Wyatt
    Wyatt,
    You should also look @ the Velbon Luxi F. It is 18" closed - 4' open, weighs about 2 pounds, as three bubble levels on the fluid head and would be $119.99 with an included case.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Did you go with the straight or angled body? I finally decided to take the plunge and order the ED-A version. My only experience has been with straight spotting scopes. After talking with friends and Doug, I think the angled will be a nice change; their must be a reason he sells 5 angled to 1 straight! I also took stock in what Synd had to say about the angled and his opinion on the glass. I just hope it can do double duty at the range too!

Wyatt
    I went with an angled one. I had not used one until I purchased an angled one for my wife and her birdwatching about 4 years ago. I am 10 inches taller than she is and the angled made it much better. Now the argument around the house is why she left the seat down!!!!

What kind of tripod are you guys going to use on the 65-ED-A? Without seeing a Velbon in person, I'm just going on reviews and recommendations from the web.

Wyatt