Thread: Whittier Silver Charter

Default Whittier Silver Charter

Guys I'm looking to go on a Silver charter in August. Can anyone recommend an operator. I only want to go for Silvers not Halibut or anything else. If not in Whittier, is there anyone who does this out of Sewad.

Default Silvers

Hi, I don't fish Whittier so no help there. Seward is a different story. Lots of Silvers, limit of 6 in the Bay and a great fishing derby in August. I recomend Pro-fish n sea charters or crakerjack. Two of the best known producers. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Hi, I don't fish Whittier so no help there. Seward is a different story. Lots of Silvers, limit of 6 in the Bay and a great fishing derby in August. I recomend Pro-fish n sea charters or crakerjack. Two of the best known producers. Have fun.
    When I lived in Anchorage I tried for silvers out of Whittier a couple of times with limited success. I'm sure people that fish there a lot can point you in the right direction, but in my experience you'll do a LOT better going to Seward. It's really not that much further than having to deal with Whittier and the tunnel IMHO.

But there are about 1,000,000 charter operators that fish for silvers out of Seward (OK, slight exaggeration). I would agree with Roland and give his suggestions a try. And the six fish limit in Res Bay is a BIG bonus if you want some freezer fish.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

There is also a six fish limit in Whittier inside of a certain line.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    There is also a six fish limit in Whittier inside of a certain line.
    Yeah, from Gradual Pt. to Trinity Pt. which is the inner most part of the passage canal. I don't think there are many charters that target them that close in, are there?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com