Thread: Beware launching in Seward

Default Beware launching in Seward

If you plan to launch at the north east ramp in Seward at a minus tide there is a big rock or junk in the 3rd stall to the south. I was backing off the trailer and folded over a SS prop on it. I always use the first stall to the south but didn't want to wait for it to open. Lucky I have a second pair and didn't loose fishing time.
    I did tell the harbor master and they are going to check it out.

Default I knew

Jimmy Hoffa would be found some day.....
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by smokumreds View Post
    If you plan to launch at the north east ramp in Seward at a minus tide there is a big rock or junk in the 3rd stall to the south. I was backing off the trailer and folded over a SS prop on it. I always use the first stall to the south but didn't want to wait for it to open. Lucky I have a second pair and didn't loose fishing time.
    I did tell the harbor master and they are going to check it out.

Ok I need a little help....Looking from the top of the ramp down, I will call the one to the left (S)#1 and the one on the right (N) #3.

So the problem one is the left ramp or #1 ramp(as I am calling it). That sucks as I try to stay away from the #3 lane because of all the debris that tends to collect there.

Standing at the top and looking down the ramp the problem snag is in the 3rd slip to the left. Use the one on the right and you shouldn't have a problem.

Default there

gas been a bighole and drop offf in that same slot for several years. Try to avoid that slot on the low tides!
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by smokumreds View Post
    Standing at the top and looking down the ramp the problem snag is in the 3rd slip to the left. Use the one on the right and you shouldn't have a problem.

Copy that thanks......I try not to let the tide dictate my launch and retrival and that's good info to have considering I have a dual stainless prop setup.

I will have to take a look with the FLS next time down there to see if I can see how big and tall it is.

Doubt the Harbor Master really cares. This is about the 10th time I heard of guys busting up props in that spot.
    After watching a guy who told me it was fine to launch at negative tide he proceeded to start his motors and ruined two ss props. Ouch. I just make sure we dont launchor retrive at minus tide.
    Tennessee