Thread: Lake creek report June 12-14!

Default Lake creek report June 12-14!

Fishing is HOT! Our boat of 5 people managed on sunday night a 25lb hen And 2 12lb Bucks. The 2 Bucks were relesed and we kept the 25lb on sunday. This mourning we caught another 25lb hen and a small 5lb jack. Later I caught around a 14lb buck. EVERY boat caught a fish.

So me and AKSteelhead will post some pics of the trip. All in all we kept two 25lb hens and a 14lb buck. Very good time and might be hitting the water again this weekend. First klutina this wed. Pics soon... Very tired tho
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Fishing may be slower due to the skwetna and yetna rivers flooding. Water levels are coming up and bad weather up there. Seems like the family got out in time. Tight lines
    -Local 907 Riders Union

Default Rising water concerns

Lake Creek,
    Do you recommend that I continue my trip this Saturday to Lake Creek with the water rising the way it is? I've never ventured by boat past the big bend and don't want to get into any issues with my father in law aboard. Any advise? I usually prefer the water low, that way I know where the channel is.

Default Prop or Jet

Are you running a prop or jet? If jet, you are not gonna have any problems running. If you have been up to the Big Bend, the rest of the way up to Lake Creek is the same. There's usually so much water pass the 10th of June that running is never a issue. The real problem is fishing when you get up that way due to debris and water clarity. Also when the water gets high, seems like the fish just blast through and it is tougher to get them. The Yentna is a highway, with a jet you can just about cut every corner.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer17 View Post
    Lake Creek,
    Do you recommend that I continue my trip this Saturday to Lake Creek with the water rising the way it is? I've never ventured by boat past the big bend and don't want to get into any issues with my father in law aboard. Any advise? I usually prefer the water low, that way I know where the channel is.

Thanks qkayak, I'm running a jet and really don't worry too much about the shallows, just new water. Any suggestions for fishing muddy water....how doe's this affect Lake Creek and the King fishing?

Sorry the website was down ... Was it down for you all? Well it should be okay for the water good luck. Tight lines!
    -Local 907 Riders Union