Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parks Highway Streams

Default Parks Highway Streams

Anyone head out there this weekend with any luck? Kings, Grays, Bows? Anyone do any good with any of those?

Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

The reason I ask is the wife and kid wanna head down that way, both who love to fish, and I wanted to put them on some resident fish...just wanted to know where to start the quest.

Default creeks

Fished Saturday every creek that crosses the parks highway to Talkeetna...Little Sue..nothing...Willow RV Park and 1 mile back..nothing..Montana..nothing...Sheep..nothing.. .Little Sue public marine/boat launch(State Maintained) Saw one king caught and heard they are in...lots of boats...Finally got to Peters Creek and caught my first Grayling...great catch and first one in Alaska.

I got to work today and heard they are catching jacks and smaller kings at the Willow Recreation Center at the mouth along with grayling and trout...enjoy the trip.

DH

Default Going South?

Parks Highway huh???? hmmmmm I know where I would go, maybe I should???

I got to figure out what I am doing this weekend.....got some really good prospects, the choices are many.....
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

And where would that be?

I've got the wife and kid with me. I know what I'd be doing as well, IF I were going alone. That's an easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Parks Highway huh???? hmmmmm I know where I would go, maybe I should???

I got to figure out what I am doing this weekend.....got some really good prospects, the choices are many.....
    Do it...I'll meet you there...
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default rainbows

had a couple of good days just above the mouth of the Willow - 14 on Wednesday & 13 on Thursday (only fished for 2 hours each afternoon). A couple in the +20" range. Average for both days was about 14". Small white streamers & ESL's. Also saw lots of fish sucking flies off the surface - caddis were present.
    Gary

I'll let the cat out of the bag or the fish out of the creek so to say. i had Monday off so i went up to Montana creek for the last week of fishing before it gos to weekends only. I was not expecting much after all the reports of low fish numbers. I was surprised to find fish rolling. There was a group of people socking yearn flies and corky rigs that would pick one up every thirty minuets or so. there where a few others using eggs but did not see them catch any. I put on a blue vibix with a red blade and soon had a jack that was around 25 inches so I let it go. Twenty minuets latter I hooked a fish that was red a beat up looking so I let it go. the I caught a small jack around 16 inches that I kept. I had another on about 30 minuets latter that shook the hook then I hooked into a dime bright 25 LBS that I kept. These where all in the Sue where the water mixes. I did not see any fish in the creek yet but they are there.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Default Weekend?

Weekends are a great time to work. Fished/floated today:

Quote Originally Posted by little dave View Post
    I was not expecting much after all the reports of low fish numbers.....then I hooked into a dime bright 25 LBS that I kept.
    Lets think about this....

And I know you have every right to keep that fish, so I cant say much at all. I just have concerns about these creeks, so nothing personal.
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

I smell a potential midnite run for two Jedi, tomorrow. Just have to get the two Double-X Chomosome Emperors to grant us permission. Bigcox....sounds like a meeting should be arranged on the Sheep Creek Death Star.

see any king is the creeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Salmon Sith View Post
    Just have to get the two Double-X Chomosome Emperors to grant us permission. Bigcox...
    I hear ya... I got vetoed for the plans for today for what???

nothing it turns out!!! the conflict "appointment" got postponed at the last minute, to Tomorrow, so that screws up the backup plan too!

I may just have to sneak out Satuday before anyone wakes up and accept sleeping on the couch for a day or two.

LOL oh I don't know to many people that wouldn't take a couch for a fishing trip! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Salmon Sith View Post
    I smell a potential midnite run for two Jedi, tomorrow. Just have to get the two Double-X Chomosome Emperors to grant us permission. Bigcox....sounds like a meeting should be arranged on the Sheep Creek Death Star.
    I'm still waiting to hear back on the ruling for you two. Either way I'm gonna hit it up this weekend, I'm ready to go. Just picked up a new rod for the baitcaster, let me know if you guys head down..

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I got the green light. Just waiting on the Jedi...

Default Pants in the family

Glad I wear the pants in my family when it comes to my fishing. My wife is ready for me to get out in the summer after a long winter. She says fill the freezer. That is the steady green light from June-September. Obviously Jedi Powers are no match for the XX factor.

You're wearing the pants but she's the one telling you to fill the freezer? Tsk tsk.

Talking Cryin Shame

I know it's a cryin shame but someone has to do it. That's what I get for getting married to a Louisiana girl.

Default Pks Hwy

The Big Three... Willow, Montana and Sheep: Montana has been consistent, some great numbers coming out of there; Sheep just started heating up, Willow was good Monday, very slow since, but rising water should bring some fish by. We're a week late- next weekend will be big, I think.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast