Thread: So how was fishing in the Valley this weekend?

Default So how was fishing in the Valley this weekend?

I heard of a slim few being caught at Willow Creek, none at all from one report off the Little Su while another reported said they limited out with four people. What were the numbers on the board there this past weekend?

Looks like one heck of a run on the Deshka yesterday with 2,008 counted!

Our trip produced over 6 kings
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    Our trip produced over 6 kings
    Interesting terminology... so is "over 6" more than 7 or was there a freak fractional fish landed causing the total to be something weird like 6 and 4/5ths? If it was a fractional fish at what point do you round up and call it 7 fish? Would 6 and 3/8ths be "more than 6" but 6 and 1/2 just be round up and called 7?

Sorry just had bust your chops a bit, looks like you had a great trip! Wish I was out there having some fun and putting fish in the boat too!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Interesting terminology... so is "over 6" more than 7 or was there a freak fractional fish landed causing the total to be something weird like 6 and 4/5ths? If it was a fractional fish at what point do you round up and call it 7 fish? Would 6 and 3/8ths be "more than 6" but 6 and 1/2 just be round up and called 7?

Sorry just had bust your chops a bit, looks like you had a great trip! Wish I was out there having some fun and putting fish in the boat too!

hey dont be mean! some people cant count very high.
    Semper Fi!

Default Parks Streams....

Fished sheep creek for a few hrs. on saturday night. Half dozen rollers, and didn't see anything caught. It appeared to be about the same as it was a week prior, when I was there. Moved to Montana about 10 o'clock, and fished until 2 am. Witnessed one red jack caught, and that's it. Slept in the car a few hrs., and went to Kashwitna. Witnessed two kings caught between 6 am and 10 am. One 30ish lber. out of boat, and one 15 lb. that I caught from the bank. Keep in mind, that there were 6 boats total and a dozen, or so, bank anglers. There are fish present, but they don't seem to be in force yet. IMO its still at least a week early for consistent fishing. There does seem to be more fish than last year at this time. I fished all of the above mentioned streams 3 times last week, and felt fortunate to bag one.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post

That would mean 1 jack was caught Jacks dont count
    -Local 907 Riders Union

fished sheep last weekend for a few hours, no kings in any of the holes, even after the rain.....a few trout but thats its. maybe this week. saw black and brown bear sign all the way down the creek.

Release Lake Trout

I'm heading up there tomorrow I think. Gonna stop at willow and swings some flys for kings and head north after that. Will post up results when I get back (this is if the russian numbers don't miraculously jump tonight)
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

I might go tommorow but chances are in going up to klutina with a fellow member to try our luck.
    -Local 907 Riders Union

Going to try Little Willow and Willow this week sometime...

More for Canoeing than Fishing but I'll have the rods out just in case.