Thread: New guy...

Default New guy...

I thought I should introduce myself... I've ridden 4wheelers a few times over the years, but never owned one. I'm buying my first one in a few days, an 07 Yamaha Big Bear 4X4. I liked it's features like IRS and locking diffs. It's actually more for my wife, for plowing our driveway. I can't do it this winter because I'm in the Army and my unit is in Iraq. I'm just home for a couple of weeks leave right now. But I'll be looking forward to taking it on a few trail rides when I get back next fall.

Default AK soldier

Welcome home on your R&R. Get what ever 4 wheeler you all want and ride it as much as you can.
    Watch your '6' when you return.
    God Bless

OK, now what model are you going to get for you when you get back?
    Take care in the sandbox and if you are in southcentral look up the ATV Club when you want to find some trails.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    OK, now what model are you going to get for you when you get back?
    Take care in the sandbox and if you are in southcentral look up the ATV Club when you want to find some trails.
    Mike
    I'll probably just share my wife's when I get home. I'll likely get another smaller one though, around 90 cc's for my son. I am in South Central AK. (I think the Matsu Valley is counsidered south central?) I went to the ATV club page and read it over. I'll start going to the meetings as soon as I get back. I'll be looking forward to some trail rides.

i just got back from the sandbox, and promptly moved up to AK. stay focused over there. you don't want to miss out on the experiences AK has to offer.

Yeah, things have been pretty heated in my area lately. I'm always out on the road in convoys. I'm always either driving a PLS or riding in the gunners turret of a HMMWV. So far we've been pretty fortunate on all my missions. Good choice moving to AK, by the way. I love it here. I'll be re-enlisting for another life cycle just to be able to stay here.