Thread: Neck turning help

Question Neck turning help

I need my neck turned about 50 rounds of WW brass...in 7mm WSM can anyone help in the Fairbanks Northpole area?

Jeff in North Pole
    490-0307

You have to have the tooling to do a proper job. Beside the neck turner you need to have a ball mic or you can not tell what you have turned the necks to. My favorite turner is the one made by Don the pumpkin. Kelbly's sell this now as Don sells nothing direct. You need to know what your neck dia is in your chamber and you need to know what you want to turn the necks to. I can talk you through all of this over the phone if you need more help? Use a lube for the cutter on the necks. I think a chamber cast may be in your future.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Smile Thanks

Thanks for all the info

All I need is a basic shave for uniformity........Wow You kinda got deep in depth...........but good info!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Bush Hunter View Post
    Thanks for all the info

All I need is a basic shave for uniformity........Wow You kinda got deep in depth...........but good info!
    You have the right idea, JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE THEM EVEN since it is a factory rifle. You do not even have to see any cutting on one side if the area is small. Do not thin the whole neck, that is for fitting a tight BR rifle.
    I leave as much as 1/4 of the neck uncut for factory guns.
    I will never say it is needed but it feels good. Anyway, it can't hurt. Just do not get carried away, it can take away accuracy and how your dies work if you go too far.