Thread: Puritan/Boulder Creek Lost & Found

Thumbs up Puritan/Boulder Creek Lost & Found

Had a great ride this weekend, very few people, nice weather, and found our way through - around the mud bog up top. most of the trail was uneventful just good fun riding.
    If you lost a nice pair of riding goggles send me a PM to identify and we will get them back to you
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
    Had a great ride this weekend, very few people, nice weather, and found our way through - around the mud bog up top. most of the trail was uneventful just good fun riding.
    If you lost a nice pair of riding goggles send me a PM to identify and we will get them back to you
    Did you make it all the way to Boulder Creek? How was the mud hole just before the creek?
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Default Nope

We stopped just short of Boulder Creek, we spent all day exploring as many of the side trails going every direction we could so the only real bad mud was the bog at the top.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

The water hole just before Boulder is no problem, the bottom is mostly hard and the water isnt too deep.

Red face Wrong way

This is the wrong way through the mud bog at the top of the Puritan Creek Trail, after winching to the other side I was able to find the sweet spot where other ATV's had crossed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Lowe & Slow-

Been stuck in that exact same spot myself...more than once! Last time I was there (last summer) the sweet spot was right where those boards are showing in your picture. There were more boards there before, though. Has the spot to cross moved?
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Lowe & Slow-

Been stuck in that exact same spot myself...more than once! Last time I was there (last summer) the sweet spot was right where those boards are showing in your picture. There were more boards there before, though. Has the spot to cross moved?
    Any idea if the Trail Commissions folks every were approved/funded to build proper, solid trailhead access over the bog?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default sweet spot

There were more boards there before, though. Has the spot to cross moved?
    Everyone was crossing about 50 yards south (to the left going in) of there, kind of just making the trail wider and wider
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

@TWB - Working on it. I've been trying to get past a hurdle with the Borough on an easement issue. There was a grant written 5 yrs ago by the Mat-Su TA that was basically approved except for the lack of a survey. The survey was done, but it turned up a section of the trail on private land. Getting the easement across that land has held things up. Owner is fine with it. It's stuck in red tape in Palmer.

I hope to get it unstuck in time for the next grant deadline in August.