Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Talketna River

  1. #1
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default Talketna River

    Anyone been fishing it for kings if so hows it been?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Might still a tad early for the Clear creek Kings. Last week in June and First week in July.

  3. #3
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    thanks chris

  4. #4
    Member fishak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    452

    Default

    since it was mentioned, i have a question about clear creek. from what i understand, you can get dropped off up there by mahay's to fish. is there enough people up there that i would not need to have a gun or bear spray? or when you get there will i be the only person for a couple miles? thanks

  5. #5
    Member RustyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    233

    Default

    If you have a gun or bear spray its better to have it and not need it reather than need it and not have it. I was thinking of doing that trip this year one weekend.

  6. #6

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    since it was mentioned, i have a question about clear creek. from what i understand, you can get dropped off up there by mahay's to fish. is there enough people up there that i would not need to have a gun or bear spray? or when you get there will i be the only person for a couple miles? thanks
    You can expect to wait for awhile, sometimes quite awhile, after getting there for a spot to fish. If you are willing to hike, you can go up Clear Creek aways and hit some of the holes with fewer people. But if you do that, you can't target the fish that are resting at the mouth and then moving on up the Talkeetna to Larson/Sheep or any other tributary. Never go fishing without a gun.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7

    Default Fish are there...

    Kings have been in for about a week, no real numbers yet, but people are catching them....


    Mahays can drop you off $55 or $60 IIRC, expect a crowd.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Clear creek is a real circus if you are fishing from shore after a drop off (kinda like the Russian confluence except you are fishing for Kings). Good fishing though. I would definitely bring some bear spray. Seems every year there are a couple of "cooler cubs".


    Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    since it was mentioned, i have a question about clear creek. from what i understand, you can get dropped off up there by mahay's to fish. is there enough people up there that i would not need to have a gun or bear spray? or when you get there will i be the only person for a couple miles? thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •