Thread: Nantucket striped bass fishing...

Default Nantucket striped bass fishing...

The wife and I got out the other day for some striped bass flyfishing. Beautiful day even though the fishing was slow. However, the seals didn't seem to know it as we saw hundreds. Thought I would share a few images here. If nothing else, for a change of scenery for some of you guys.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Is that your wife, and then you? The one of your wife casting, and the one of you where the outboard motor shows in the foreground are outstanding!

All the others are good, but these two top the rest. Also the one of the goose is quite nice, with a good bokeh.

Yep, that is the wife and I. The two images you mention were favorites of mine as well. They were captured with the 5D Mark II and the 24-105. Got the goose with the 50D and 100-400 from the boat as we were heading back to the docks. From a moving boat, it could have been worse I guess. I used Nik Viveva to brighten the head of the goose and was impressed with the pp of that image compared to the original capture. Pretty slick software the Nik plug-ins are. Some of the others were just jpegs from the Pentax Optio waterproof point and shoot. Thanks for looking Ray.

Dan

Good shots Dan, It is nice to see you two out having some fun.

Always enjoy your pictures. Thanks for sharing.