Thread: Sand Trap??

Default Sand Trap??

Thinking about installing a sand trap on my SJ. I've not actually seen one. What kind/brand would you guys recommend? And What line would it be installed on? Thanks guys.
    " There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot" - Steven Wright

do you have a heater on your boat?..if so, it goes inline before it gets to the heater...

not sure why it would be needed if you don't have a heater, perhaps someone else know more...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

A heater is used to bait sand, i did not know that.

Slow work day. 

Default Wasn't sure

I have seen that they are a must if you have a heater. I don't have a heater, but was just thinking it might be a good idea. Guess I can save some cash if they're not necessary without the heater. Just thought that keeping junk out of your cooling system would be a good idea.
    " There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot" - Steven Wright

I went thru this last year and the easy way. call compeau in fairbanks if you don't live there order it from them you'll get the one u need. the guys he in anchorage are dumd----- the guys up there know what you need and the part numbers and which ones to use.
    Really easy to install if you need to look at a motor to know which line to hook up to ill take a pic if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin_ak View Post
    Thinking about installing a sand trap on my SJ. I've not actually seen one. What kind/brand would you guys recommend? And What line would it be installed on? Thanks guys.