Thread: Camping on Knight

Default Camping on Knight

I was thinking about camping on Knight island for a couple of nights, but I heard that Chenega corp has most of the islands out there, and they will try to fine you if you are on thier land. Has anyone ever had to deal with them?

Default No, but....

Quote Originally Posted by sbenwilker View Post
    I was thinking about camping on Knight island for a couple of nights, but I heard that Chenega corp has most of the islands out there, and they will try to fine you if you are on thier land. Has anyone ever had to deal with them?
    Never dealth with the Chenega Corp, but why don't you look for them online, most native corps are there, and ask them first hand. Then you will know, and maybe you can get a permit, or maybe one isn't even needed, or maybe they don't want anyone there and if it is their land, that's the way it goes...

This is a good place to look at land access status in the Sound. Might want to bookmark it.

PWS Public Access Atlas

And, of course, if you're looking at accessing private land, including native corp land, it's best to contact the owners beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

The majority of Knight Island is Chugach land. A small portion of it is Chenega. Check the above link and look at Seward A-2 and A-3.