Thread: Mesh Floor

Default Mesh Floor

I was wondering where people get the mesh floors for their Cats. I have looked online at Ak raft and Kayak but didn't see anything like this. Besides the floor I am looking for the same thing for the storage racks. Does anybody have anything like that? I used the orange construction netting last year but it was a mess and broke in the cold.
    Right now i have the wooden planks for floor boards. They are great but are bulky and heavy too.
    Thanks for your help!
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Raft and kayak can get you one, but if you have to see them on the web, go www.nrsweb.com and go to the inflateable accessories.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Thanks!!....
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Thumbs up

I fabricate all mine with B-Tuff and seat-belting... all dimensions.

One of the best-quality, cost-effective, versatile ways of doing this is that I match up the extended cargo platforms width w/ the Cat floor width. This way all standard cuts/fabrication are designed for your boat (reducing per item cost), no 'sleeving' headaches (easy to take on & off, yet making a really tight floor or platform)... providing super-rugged set-ups for Alaska use.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Richardson View Post
    I fabricate all mine with B-Tuff and seat-belting... all dimensions.

One of the best-quality, cost-effective, versatile ways of doing this is that I match up the extended cargo platforms width w/ the Cat floor width. This way all standard cuts/fabrication are designed for your boat (reducing per item cost), no 'sleeving' headaches (easy to take on & off, yet making a really tight floor or platform)... providing super-rugged set-ups for Alaska use.
    Brian, do you have any pictures of the floors you make?

Ok..I'll share my floor design used on an 18 ft Aire Leopard and an NRS Top Cat Frame - 72"w X 120" L.
    When on the lake with the honda 8hp I will utilize both boards and 6 ft NRS mesh floor.

The aft board stands alone and sits on 2 homemade spreader bars made of 6061t6 1 5/16" OD and welded to 1/4" 6061t6 plate. NRS makes a similar spreader bar with a square tube for around $50 a piece.

The forward board(s) slides from the front between the third spreader bar I use and the NRS mesh floor. I use 2 boards, one longer than the other but you could slide one 6 footer in there. On the river I take the longest board out but keep the small one there under the paddlers chair in which I strap a small 12 volt battery.
    This battery is solar powered by a couple cheap 1 watt solar panels. That battery in turn can run the gps all day, Ipod and electric pump if need be for inflatable mattress or boat tubes.
    I used surplus aircraft floorboards but any plywood would also work.

Aerial view.

Just sharing with what works for me. Between NRS and your local lumber store you could probably do similar to the above for about $300. Add some slip resistant vinyl deck covering and your good to go.

Default frame

Was wondering what she weighs?? Will she work in a 185??
    Really nice SNOW LEPARD on your post!!
    Goo

Quote Originally Posted by goeaux View Post
    Was wondering what she weighs?? Will she work in a 185??
    Really nice SNOW LEPARD on your post!!
    Goo
    I assume your talking about a Cessna 185 ...well a decked out Leopard can add up the poundage pretty qwik. Lemme see...tubes 100 lbs..frame 120 lbs for starters. The rest will probably bulk you out..so yeah.. maybe you want a DHC-2 or DHC-3. An Islander maybe if you have the strip.

Default frame

Thanks mate, was wondering, i have only worked with 1" steel emt frames before and really do not know what the nice alum. cat frames weigh. Really nice looking rig.
    thanks,
    Goo