Thread: Making Weights

Default Making Weights

I have come to posses a fair amount of lead (+/- 50#'s) and would like to make some weights for halibut fishing. I am hoping to find someone who has the tools to melt and make weights. I would be willing to trade a percentage of the lead or $$$ to make it worth your while. Please PM if you can help.

Thanks
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

I've got molds for making 1, 2 & 3 pound cod weights, as well as 8-0 snagging hooks. I'm down in Sterling if you ever get down this way you can give me a shout.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Default pm sent

Just let me know
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Good excuse to buy a kit to deep fry a turkey for the wife Then you can use the burner to melt the lead. Any smaller cast iron Dutch ot steel ammo can oven makes a good pot.
    Cheap molds are cans the same size as the small ones that tomatoe paste comes in. Leave the sinkers in the can or peel off the tin.
    Tennessee

Default Thanks

I would like to thank everyone who offered to help. Alaskamutt (John and his boy's Jamie and Micah) helped us out with lots of know how and plenty of good stories. John and his boys are the real deal when it comes to genuine alaskan neighborly spirit. I owe you gents - thanks.

If you are ever in need of weights John sells them on craigslist at a very competitive rate! I wish I had found his add earlier!

Just my Nickel
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    I would like to thank everyone who offered to help. Alaskamutt (John and his boy's Jamie and Micah) helped us out with lots of know how and plenty of good stories. John and his boys are the real deal when it comes to genuine alaskan neighborly spirit. I owe you gents - thanks.

If you are ever in need of weights John sells them on craigslist at a very competitive rate! I wish I had found his add earlier!

Just my Nickel
    Drew
    Glad you figured something out. By chance did you purchase a diving vest on craigslist a couple weeks ago? I found a $20 vest with 50lbs of lead in it. To bad I was stuck on the slope and couldnt snatch up that great deal!

Nope Mine came from a garage sale. The gent bought up a bunch of X-ray equipment and stripped most of the lead.

Just my Nickel
    Drew

Scott Adams

Default It was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Drew
    And the dogs ok, that little membrane slid back so she doesn't look like Marty Feldman anymore
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Glad to hear the hound is well. Once again thanks to you and the boys

Drew

Scott Adams