Thread: Bristol Bay/Iliama recommendation

Default Bristol Bay/Iliama recommendation

My brothers and I are planning a trip for next summer (2011) and are looking for a well-run, reasonably priced trip to the Bristol Bay area. We are all fly fisherman and are not really interested in any other method. Does anyone have a recommendation for us?

Rufus: Check your mail box.

L

Check out Matt Price outta King Salomon... Price's Guide Service. I be3lieve he's on the internet. Ask about his "Fried chicken Fall Special".. best guide service on the Naknek.

You looking for a lodge or would you consider a DIY float trip?
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Probably a lodge, but we might consider a float. really depends on what we come up with.

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

Default Bristol Bay Float Guide

I highly recommend Chuck Ash, who runs Brightwater Alaska. http://www.brightwateralaska.com/

I've done many trips with Chuck and he runs a first class operation in every aspect. Spoke to him yesterday and I know he's on the river this week, but he'll respond to your Email when he's back in ANC.

If you are looking for a cheaper route, you might check out Blueberry Island Lodge. George provides you with a boat and has guided trips available if you choose. It is a DIY lodge, bring your own food and gear. This will help cut some of the costs down considerably. I haven't made a trip out there yet, but am trying to plan one for next year. Everyone that has gone speaks very highly of it.

http://www.blueberryislandlodge.com/

Good luck!

check out rainbow bend lodges. It's a diy lodge on the naknek much like blueberry island lodge. Tom is a great host and i would recommend the place to anybody. Good cabins and bathouse, great price and of course world class fly fishing for salmon and huge trout

http://www.bristolbayfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmo1977 View Post
    If you are looking for a cheaper route, you might check out Blueberry Island Lodge. George provides you with a boat and has guided trips available if you choose. It is a DIY lodge, bring your own food and gear. This will help cut some of the costs down considerably. I haven't made a trip out there yet, but am trying to plan one for next year. Everyone that has gone speaks very highly of it.

http://www.blueberryislandlodge.com/

Good luck!
    I saw George and Amy at GASS and they had a really good deal going. I might have the details slightly off, but I think it was something like 2 for 1. There might have been a deadline to book, but worth a look!

Check out Patricia Edel in King Salmon.Her web site is fish bluefly.com

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    Check out Matt Price outta King Salomon... Price's Guide Service. I be3lieve he's on the internet. Ask about his "Fried chicken Fall Special".. best guide service on the Naknek.
    That usually includes a belt of Jack, a can of bud, and a stogie as well.
    Ha ha!

Guths lodge on the iliamna river is in the nice midrange between DIY and what the ?&$! like some of top end guys offer. While they take any level of fisherman, their home waters are great for flyfishing and he can cater his choices to what you are looking for.