Thread: Crosswinds

Default Crosswinds

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any input on Crosswinds near Glennallen. I am planning a trip in the next few weeks to go there I have access to a cabin there and will stay for a few days. any info, stories, tips, what ever ya got would be appreciated.

-Ben

Default Crosswinds

Where are you starting at? Lake Louise, Tolsona, Brown Bear, anyways what trail are you taking in? Weathers been reasonably warm out here, with decent amounts of snow. I am assuming your ice fishing. Watch out for overflow on the lake, can be bad.

probably tolsana and yes I will be Ice fishing, I will try for lakers, but probably fail, never fished for them before, and night fish for the
    Burbs.

-Ben

Default overflow

Watch out for overflow!! We're getting another chinook thru here and all the lakes seem to have terrible overflow on them. Friends have been stuck in Klutina, Tazlina, and Paxson lakes this year so I'm guessing that'll be the same for Crosswind too. Be careful and have fun!

Default Stay Home

If you are thinking about this weekend, might want to stay home. Please check the weather and road reports first.

Just south of there in Valdez we are expecting up to 40" of snow in the next day or so. Glenn Allen is expecting up to 16" too.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Would someone please explain lake overflow to me a bit? I lived and ice fished in MN for years, and I've never heard this term.
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Thanks for the safety alert guys. My friend backed out this weekend anyway so it will haft to wait for 2 weeks.

-Ben

Was up checking traps last weekend and the over flow is BAD!!!Stay on the trails!