Thread: Found in Port Bainbridge

Post Found in Port Bainbridge

Last weekend while out bear hunting found a string of two shrimp pots on the beach. May be old because the buoy had no name or identifier visible. If you think these may be yours you can pm me to identify and I will gladly give them to you.

ahhhh

probably someone on here that thought they got stolen

I'm surprised to see how many buoys are not marked at all out there. Wonder how many newbees just buy their gear and throw it in the water having not done any research whatsoever.

Hats off for trying to locate the owner.

i figure i had a bouy float off about 2 weeks ago, not stolen. in north end of knight island passage but bouy was ( faintly) marked with old boat name ( crossed off) and ak# of new boat. and my name and address. 600 foot of ? grayish leaded line 2 pots attached with halibut long line clips. think they were arttached directly to leaded line not a floating line. SO UNFORTUNATELY is probably not mine. I to appreciate you trying to locate the owner. this site is great place to locate someone as took me less than 24 hrs to get kayak paddle back to it's rightful owner.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

AK NIMROD - What did the buoy look like? The one we found a couple of weeks ago was also faded, with at least two types of writing on it. We just found the buoy - looked like it had been cut by a prop - and we threw it into our shed in Whittier before heading right back out. I meant to bring it home and find the owner, but forgot to grab it and was planning to get it next time I'm down there in July. I don't think it had gray lead line near the buoy, though. It was a bluish floating line, if I recall.

Brian- what i would call medium size bouy standard fl. orange with blue eyelet. It should have had "ILLUAQSIRI" crossed off and AK-4205-F WITH MY NAME AND SOLDOTNA PO BOX. line was weird color gray may not have been good choice maybe some where between green and gray?????? with other colors in it. It was lost about 25-26 may. I had use royal blue floating line for smaller pick up bouy on my other pots but did not have that on this one. There should have been a large loop that was threaded through eyelet and spread over bouy and tightened.
    Thanx Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

It wasn't an orange buoy that I found. More of a faded yellow, and it was one of the oblong oval-shaped buoys. Sorry for your loss - hopefully they'll turn up.