Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New ID Card Requirement

  1. #1
    Member Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Valdez, Alaska

    Default New ID Card Requirement

    I was talking with the Coast Guard today. There is going to be a new ID card required for anyone working on a fishing boat, transporter, 6-pack....basically everyone on the ocean except private fishermen. There is no handout or information on the internet that can be printed yet. They are working on it.

    Either way, you had better check with the Coast Guard before heading out this spring. This new card is a requirement of the TSA in conjunction with other agencies.

    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006


    Papers... Papers please...... Just like Nazi Germany.........

  3. #3


    Thanks for the heads up Dave!

  4. #4

    Default Twic

    The new card you are speaking of is the TWIC. It stands for Transportation Worker Identification Credential. You can find information for it through the Coast Guard website Homeport. The link is below:

    The information is quite extensive so be prepared for a long read.

  5. #5
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    homer, alaska

    Question still unclear...

    for the life of me i still can't tell if, as the owner/operator of an uninspected 6-pac, i need the darn thing....good thing there is 20 months from "implementation" to compliance...i think????
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts