Thread: Local Marine Carpet/Upholstery Retailers

Default Local Marine Carpet/Upholstery Retailers

Does anyone sell marine grade carpet in Anchorage or the Valley? I am looking for some rather large pieces, preferably 4'x8' in gray. It would be nice to keep the splices to a minimum. Thanks in advance!

Default marine carpet

Quote Originally Posted by JetPow View Post
    Does anyone sell marine grade carpet in Anchorage or the Valley? I am looking for some rather large pieces, preferably 4'x8' in gray. It would be nice to keep the splices to a minimum. Thanks in advance!
    hello,got some indoor outdoor from lowes for my wooldridge,6x8ft,$42.00 had black,gray and green,works great,just hosed it out last weekend dryed in a couple hours,craig

Default Lowes

Don't know about the one in Anchorage, but the Lowes in Fairbanks carrys grey marine carpet. It's 6' wide and you can get the length you want. I bought some a while back and it matched the carpet in my SJ perfectly. It's pretty inexpensive, I think about $1.50 a foot for the 6' width.
    " There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot" - Steven Wright

Default Found some nice knives with great prices and free shipping

Hey, I found some fantastic looking knives with great prices and free shipping. The website is www.liangdianup.com and these LDU Company people have bayonet knives, folders, switchblades, out the front knives, butterfly knives, and a bunch more. The web address for all of the knives is http://www.liangdianup.com/knives_1.htm
    I like the all black Extrema Ratio bayonet knife the best but I also like the throwing stars.

Any idea if Lowes/Home Depot carries the marine glue for installing carpet? Was hoping to try someone other than West Marine (to spendy).
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Jordan's Carpet at International & C Street usually stocks it. There's a local boat-builder who goes through ROLLS of the gray stuff, so they normally keep it in stock.

For adhesive, I used that exact carpet (gray Jordan's) and went with 3M Scotch-Grip Contact Adhesive (exact name) and it worked great! Been up 4+ years and haven't had a single piece pull up or bubble. FYI, when I went to add a small piece of carpet in the V-berth I used Brand X contact cement from the building supply store, and it didn't stick worth a darn! Spend the $$ and go with the 3M product.