Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be aware of theifs at the anchor river

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Be aware of theifs at the anchor river

My wife and I just got back from fishing the Anchor River.We arrived at the 2nd campground about 6:00 am walked 50 yards down to the river .Around 9:00 she went up to use the restroom and was going to bring some coffee to the bank,but when she got to my truck some low life scum had broken the passenger side window to steal a couple packs of cigarettes left on the center console.They also rummaged around and found her purse under the seat which had her wedding set in it and a check book or two.They didn't take the thermos (maybe too young to drink coffee),my binoculars,a net,or some sandwhiches.Must not have been hungry.
    The point is be careful what you leave exposed when you leave your vehicle.I thought we were in hearing distance from the truck but I was wrong.We will never see her wedding ring again I'm sure.As much as I can not stand theives I hope posting this warning will help someone else not get ripped off.
    By the way there are Kings in the Anchor.......too bad our trip got cut short........

sorry to hear your bad luck. it happened to us a few years ago at the same place. we are all a bit weary now and dont go to sleep or leave sight of our stuff unless everything is locked up, we bring chains cables and lots of locks now. when they hit us they stole a four wheeler and a cooler full of our kids juices. never to be seen again. thieves are the worst, liars arent much better.

That really sucks man and I hope they get those little *******s. I had all my gear ripped off once back home in the midwest. Very sickening feeling. I always pack heat up here no matter where I go for this exact reason.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Drives me nuts that this happens EVERY YEAR!!! Be nice if our boys in blue could set up a sting operation. I am looking into a surveillance system for my truck when I head out sheep hunting this fall. I have some ideas of how I am going to set it up and as much as it would suck to get my truck messed with it would rock to catch some of these lowlifes!

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Thumbs up Quick Respose from Boys in Blue.

Even though I'm sure we will not retreive my wife's purse or wedding ring I have to give the Trooper who responded to my call a very warm thanks.He was on site within 10 minutes of calling 911.Ryan Browning was courteous,concerned and helpful.He told us that they have been have a rash of thefts down there lately.He thinks he knows who they are but hasn't caught them yet.
    I do not envy his job but appreciate his work.Thanks Ryan

I HATE thieves!! Hate to catch someone in the act of bustin' out my window and stealing my stuff. Glad to here the Blue's showed up in a timely manner. Hope they/you find your items.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

seems there are not to many places left we can get away from folks like that... Used to be you could beat the **** out of someone you caught...now your the one charged... even if you catch the person with your stuff.. you have to wait for the cops to take it back or there is no proof they had it...

Hope you and your wife get your stuff back... check the trash cans and dumpsters for the purse... or a few miles or so up and down each side of the road....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

It would be fun to go back with your rifle; hide nearby in a ghillie suit; and descend on them when they break your window--perhaps after a warning shot to make them crap their pants.

Angry

Total BS Hate to hear it, AGAIN.
    Bait'em. Put a carton of smokes on the dash and a bottle of booze in the window and on the seat. Leave the door unlocked. Sit back and wait, then act.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Scum of the earth...

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your personal items (not the smokes) but your wifes wedding band. We got broken into on the way up to AK and I felt that sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach, followed by the anger that POS would violate your property like that. Sure as shooting I would be in jail if I had caught them, because there would have been 2 less scumbags around praying on people just trying to enjoy a nice day. I would check the local pawn stores, craigslist, and newpaper classifieds for the next week or so, they aren't going to keep it long, they need the money for their next fix.

Default Beer

Had this problem in Homer we just kept our bottle caps refilled all the beers in the out house Iced them up, left the cooler on the picknick table & went to bed cooler gone in morning & somwhere some idiot spittin.

Sorry
    fshrman

Default Insurance?

Did they break in your car to steal the items? If so you should check with your insurance company and see if they will cover the theft. I know it won't replace the sentimental value of the ring, but at least it might help you to get a replacement. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I still can't fathom what would drive a person to steal. They are scum of the earth indeed.

when you guys wanna set the sting up? im ready.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by fshrman View Post
    Had this problem in Homer we just kept our bottle caps refilled all the beers in the out house Iced them up, left the cooler on the picknick table & went to bed cooler gone in morning & somwhere some idiot spittin.

Sorry
    A+

Had a cooler with a few beers stolen on the spit over Mem weekend. Obviously kids, cause they left the valuable stuff. Thats my plan for next time

I'd rather throw the beers loose in a cooler full of ice water and add about 100 loose razor blades, but that would make ME the bad guy.

My buddy had his truck broken into Tuesday at the Russian.
    Has anyone tried setting up a game cam in the bushes yet?
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

The game cam idea is a good one. It's hard to believe that years ago, you could leave anything on the table and someone would warn you to put it away so someone does not take it, now they just take it without even a care in the world.

Hilarious. Good for you FSHRMAN!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by salmon_bone View Post
    The game cam idea is a good one. It's hard to believe that years ago, you could leave anything on the table and someone would warn you to put it away so someone does not take it, now they just take it without even a care in the world.
    And....just a year or two before that, you could leave anything in a camp/truck or boat and no one warned you of anything. It wasn't necessary. WHAT HAPPENED???
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default I have a suggestion

Both Radio Shack and Harbor Freight sell a numbert of cheap motion sensor alarms. most run on battery and are very effective.
    some alarm at the sensor site , some have a wireless alarm good for 150' or better. I've recomended folks use them around camp,for bear alarms,
    I use them around my house on the gates and such. the batteries seem to last for months. and yes the cyotes and rabbits trigger them,
    I'd place the sensors under the vehicle facing each other cadicorner just inside the wheel. and have a note for my self on the dash to remember to pick them up before I drove away
    Just a thought

Default Game cam

After the pee incodent Game cam required, With sign saying under Video monitoring set the bushnell to 20 sec intervals long range youll know whos comin callin always good to leave bait~~ or pee
    fshrman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast