Thread: Thanks rafter... - UPDATE

Default Thanks rafter... - UPDATE

for stealing mine and my 10 year old daughters trout rods along the East Fork Chulitna on 5/29/10. I know it was you as I seen your drag marks in the sand where you pulled your raft up. I also seen your fresh dog tracks. I also found your SEVERAL wads of toilet paper you left scattered. Looks like you had a little emergency... anyway, thanks for having me explain to my daughter about certain types of people for the SECOND time in a row out of 16 years of me bear hunting in this location. Just to let you know, my daughter caught her first 2 grayling all by herself the night before and was pretty bummed on our way to the bear stand that you stole her rod. Not only that, that little girl walked over 30 miles in 4 days walking from camp to the stand, in hopes of getting her first bear. I waited a few days to post this to see if by CHANCE you did the right thing and possibly posted in the lost and found sections on several sites but I havn't seen that yet. I know I am partly to blame for leaving my gear in the field but THIS year I thought by hiking up the DRY creek bed and laying the poles along a log and pulling grass over them that I would be safe.. guess not. Well don't let this post think you got the best of us as the time in the stand playing MANY games of UNO with my daughter, the long walks and talks back and forth from camp with my daughter and the time around the camp fire with my daughter was PRICELESS! Not even your selfish acts of STEALING $40.00 of fishing poles could come close to destroying our time. No, my daughter didn't get her bear but theres always next year I told her. She replied, "yeah but daddy, lets keep our fishing poles close to us next year"....

To all you HONEST, NICE and FRIENDLY rafters that seen us fishing and had kind words for us, I hope you had a awesome float. The weather was outstanding!! We counted 15 rafts come down on Sat but not a one on Sun & Mon. Thanks for listening to my rant......

All I can say is Im so sorry. Karma will bite those people in the ass.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

It seems to be the trend this year. Theives everywhere, gangsters shooting our police officers, people acting like children.

Steve - If you need some disposi-poles.... I have a few that you can pick through.
    Mike

Default unbelievable

That just pisses me off!

We saw a note pinned to a tree at the Princess Lodage takeout last Sunday, June 27 with a phone number re. two rods left on the river. I'm not sure if these were yours from upriver, or rods somebody left at the takeout.

Let us know one way or the other.

PM sent with the number.

Thanks to Birdstrike, this situation has come full circle and I guess I must eat a little crow here. It seems there ARE still some honest people in this world. I ended up calling the phone # that Birdstrike gave me and it seems the person who left the note DID find mine and my daughters fishing poles and tried to do the right thing and left a note. But when I called him a few days ago, he explained to me that since it's been a few months, he ended up loaning them to a friend to use and one of the poles ended up getting the tip broke off. I told him to not worry about it and that I understood completly. It turns out the person that found the poles owns the pizza place along the highway in Trappers Creek so I told him whenever his next trip to town to give me a call and I would meet up with him to get the poles. Well the NEXT day I get a call that he is bringing them to my work and would be there in a few minutes. Next thing I know he comes walking in and not only has the two poles but he went out of his way and went and bought a replacement set up including a nice little tackle box! I thanked him and promised to stop by and try out his pizza next time I was in the area. So I would like to give a big thanks to this fellow AND Birdstrike for the return of the gear along with the replacement. I ask anyone here to stop by and give this man some business next time you drive by his place and thank him for showing me there ARE still great people in this state. The best part of this was going home and sitting down with my daughter and explaining what had happened. She is very greatfull and can't wait to get out and try out her new fishing gear...

That is great to hear. Just when you think society has completely gone into the crapper.

Though it's good you got the gear back, this is one of those cases where people need to understand that if you find a cache of gear in the wilderness that has been camo'd up then you just need to leave it alone. Someone has intentionally put it there and made an effort to hide it for later retrieval. It's one thing to find a camera on a fence post and leave a note, post on lost-n-found, etc. But you just don't mess with stuff that is obviously cached away.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

What a neat story. Congrats on the happy ending. Birdstrike made it happen. Makes you feel good to stop and get some pizza at Trapper Creek!
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

That was a fine tasting crow. Great to hear that, great for all of us to hear that it worked out well. perhaps we all need to buy some pizza at the pizza place along the highway in Trapper Creek. I'll bet that people with good hearts, with good karma, make a great pizza also.

....great fishing with your kid!

dennis

They have great pizza there...nice folks and...they have PASTY's!!! (that one's for the fellow Yoopers )