Thread: I hate thieves!

Default I hate thieves!

There has been a rash of float plug thefts from our float plane. Given that the carnival was in town we immediately suspected the 'carnies', however, after heavy surveillance from a team of experienced invesitigators the case was cracked. It turns out that the plugs were not being stolen by the 'carnies' but a sinister local gang known as the Ravens. That is right, ravens are plucking the plugs out of the floats, we found a couple in the grass, but the others are gone. we are now in the process of tying the plugs down. Amazingly the Homer police when informed of these nefarious deeds...did nothing.
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

When I saw it was you posting I first thought that the thieves from the prior local thefts were at it again. The ones the DA dropped the ball on...

Ravens, Crows and Magpies love to take things from float planes. they will also peck holes in fabric and poop all over things...

Use wire fishing leaders on your float plugs. A plastic Owl also helps to scare about half of them away.

Where is yours tied down?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

It is actually my girlfriend's, it is the white 206 at Steller Air. The fishing leads is a good idea, thanks
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

That is a real,,,very, very, nice C-206. I gave it a look the other day when I was over there talking with brother Mark...

A few years ago I was looking under a tree near the lake and I found several old float plugs, a couple ratchet sockets and about $1.50 in change.. The birds were collecting it there...

Did I mention that was a nice looking C-206 ??
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com