Thread: Taxidermist

Default Taxidermist

I am looking for a taxidermist in the Fairbanks are, that uses flesh eating beetles to remove the flesh for skull's. I also don't want them to use bleach. Bleach make's the skull brittle and turns it yellow. So no bleach. Thanks everyone

Found one. thanks!

Exclamation Beetles still = Boil.......

You may find someone who runs bugs in the area, but when the bugs are done, the skull still needs a boil in degreaser and peroxide or it will still "yellow out" like your trying to avoid by using Bleach. By the way, I don't know anyone who actually uses bleach for skulls, do you??? Or did you mean peroxide? Regardless, just having the skull bugged, will still result in yellowing if you don't properly degrease and use the proper type and amount of peroxide.(Grease in bone=yellowing). One things for sure, if whom ever you have do your skull doesn't boil your skull after bugging, I wouldn't take it a country mile from your house should you have other mounts in your home. If any bugs remain alive and hidden away in that skull, and get loose in your house, they will eventually "reek havoc" on the rest of your mounts! Thus the 2nd reason for boiling(Extermination) and the reason most real taxidermists avoid contact with "dermistids"! Keep that in mind, Hope this helps, and good luck...........
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"