Thread: White Mountains camping

Default White Mountains camping

Hi, everyone. We're new to camping(car), went for the first time over Memorial day weekend. We're heading back out soon and was thinking about heading up to the White Mountains. Has anyone camped there? Which of the campgrounds would be the best for a 2 year old? Any other info you could give would be appreciated.

Default White mountains

great place to camp close to fairbanks. It isnt ussually buisy unless you go memorial day or in caribou season. If you want to camp in a camping area plenty to be found. the chatnika river camp ground is nice and quiet. davidson ditch is further off the paved road but the gravel road was nice the last time I was up there. I was told the park ranger was ticketing people for not camping in the campgounds.Great place to hike or ride if you have an atv. There is another campground further up the steese but ive never stayed there. Enjoy its a beautiful place. http://www.blm.gov/ak/st/en/prog/nlc...s/trails.htmle

We drove up there on Sunday to check it out. Nice area. Lots of sites really close to the creek. I liked how they weren't too close to each other but some of them were really small. We're definitely heading back to camp out one weekend.