Thread: finally

Default finally

Well after having to move the bait and everything else we checked it this morning and were getting hammered at least two different bear and we think more on the bait **** camera went dead We had no less than 15 piles of crap on the ground and game trails coming from all directions. on the way out to hunt tonight hoping my 9 year old son will put the smack down on one

Good luck! Lets see the pics after.
    Paul

Fingers crossed skybust! Looking forward to seeing a pic of your boy and his first bear.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

good luck buddy have fun and take lots of pics.

Default Well....

We are waiting. Did you get em?

Quote Originally Posted by borderblue1 View Post
    We are waiting. Did you get em?
    Should we be worried??
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

No Im still alive just woke didnt get home untill around 3am stay in stand until right at one. The only thing we had in the bait was griz and a martin. But it was stil a great night Sidney was awsome that boy is something else never once complained about anything all the bears showed up in the first two hours in the stand a sow with a cub first. Once I let the sow see us so she would eat all my bait she started chomping her teeth at us. The other griz was a young boar once again we made sure he saw us as to not let him eat all the bait he was funny he saw us sits down looks then stand on his hind legs and says I had enough of this and got the hell out of town. Sidney was asleep when the martin came in, but gave me and my hunting partner Dewayne a nice show. Going back out today but going out in the afternoon and coming home sooner have to be in Anchorage by ten in the morning on Thursday. So long story short no bears but what a great time with my son and that beats anything in the world. Jess I cant say enought about what type of person you are. For all of you who dont know her or dont do business with her your missing out I went to get more small bait ball scent she would let me pay anything and she added other things she told me all she want is for my son to get a bear. THANK YOU JESS

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Good luck skybust!!! bust a big one, and i agree with your last post... Jess is a great person!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Awww Thank you for the kind words

When you guys tell me you're hunting with your kids, I make it my mission to see them tag a bruin. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of proud papa's with their kiddos. I could use a pic right now!

This past couple weeks has been weighing heavy on my heart. I had a gentleman call and ask if he could sweep my parking lot or mow the lawn in exchange for a scent ball. I laughed and said, I didn't have pavement or a lawn. He hung up on me! He called the next day and explained why he had called. He lost his job, his house, his wife is disabled and has 3 kids to feed. My heart sank and I apologized for laughing. He asked if there was anything he could do to work off a scent ball. I told him to come on over and I would hook him up. They filed in one by one. The wife waited in the car. Kids were all over the place as their Dad stood in the doorway weeping about how he was going to feed the kids. We stood their crying together. I was raised up here in the 80's, and know what its like to eat canned salmon from the government food bank and try and choke down pancakes with every meal. We loaded up the bait and I wanted to meet his wife, so I walked out with him. She thanked me up and down for what I was doing for her family. As the kids opened the side door to the van there was a wheelchair. I was speechless! I gave them some money for gas and the kids each a dollar for ice cream. I can't get this family out of my mind. Thanks for letting me vent and no, I am not trying to hijack your thread Chris. This is the kind of person I am.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

Jess,

Folks like you are a rare breed.

When's the BBQ!??!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

well no bear hunted the last couple of days we had a total of six griz on the bait me and my son had a blast even though he didnt get to shoot a bear. Packed it in for this season I will hunt my old spot next year. Jess once again thanks for being so kind.

I pulled mine last weekend after I had a sow and two cubs come in. I didn't want to be there if she came back. So we packed it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad you had a good time with your boy.. keep him hunting, I'd bet it don't matter if he shot his first or not, the fact is he was there, with Dad, and he'll remember that for the rest of his life like most of us who had the opportunity to hunt with our fathers as a boy.

Sometimes memories of past hunts are better than all the successful ones.

Oh.. same report on my baits (grizz).. cleaning them up next weekend (what's left anyway).
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    Awww Thank you for the kind words

When you guys tell me you're hunting with your kids, I make it my mission to see them tag a bruin. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of proud papa's with their kiddos. I could use a pic right now!

This past couple weeks has been weighing heavy on my heart. I had a gentleman call and ask if he could sweep my parking lot or mow the lawn in exchange for a scent ball. I laughed and said, I didn't have pavement or a lawn. He hung up on me! He called the next day and explained why he had called. He lost his job, his house, his wife is disabled and has 3 kids to feed. My heart sank and I apologized for laughing. He asked if there was anything he could do to work off a scent ball. I told him to come on over and I would hook him up. They filed in one by one. The wife waited in the car. Kids were all over the place as their Dad stood in the doorway weeping about how he was going to feed the kids. We stood their crying together. I was raised up here in the 80's, and know what its like to eat canned salmon from the government food bank and try and choke down pancakes with every meal. We loaded up the bait and I wanted to meet his wife, so I walked out with him. She thanked me up and down for what I was doing for her family. As the kids opened the side door to the van there was a wheelchair. I was speechless! I gave them some money for gas and the kids each a dollar for ice cream. I can't get this family out of my mind. Thanks for letting me vent and no, I am not trying to hijack your thread Chris. This is the kind of person I am.
    baitem,
    Did this guy leave a way to contact him? If so, please PM me, I would appreciate it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

There has been a huge outpouring of help for this unknown family. I thank you guys for being so compassionate. As mentioned in PM's I did not get this gentleman's name. Each time he phoned I was outside and due to the distance of the phone it came up NO DATA.

I have been looking for this family at the day labor office, cruising around looking for the minivan at local hunting spot with parking lots, and camp grounds. I have yet to spot them but when I do, I will get ahold of everyone that wants to help them out.

Gold minivan with a handicapped hanger from the mirror. Little banged up and filled to the brim with clothing, pillows, and sleeping bags. I have faith he will be back to thank me. I told him to stop by anytime
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com