king fishing/fish and game website.fyi
• Fishing has picked up on the Deshka River with some fish being taken early in the morning. Most fish are being taken near the Deshka’s mouth and first mile of river. Drifting eggs with little to no weight, or roe beneath a bobber is a good bet. Otherwise, Vibrax spinners are effective. Weir counts continue to be far below average. As of June 7, only 443 kings had been counted through the weir. Normally by this date, 2,700 fish would have passed the weir. This fishery may close within the week unless weir counts improve dramatically.
• King salmon fishing has been very slow on the Little Susitna River near the Little Susitna Public Use Facility, although water conditions are good for fishing. This river may also close by the end of this week unless harvest rates improve dramatically.
• Lake Creek and some of the other Yentna River tributaries are beginning to produce a few kings.
• Fishing is slow at the Eklutna Power Plant Tailrace. Since this fishery is of hatchery origin, it will remain open throughout the season.
• A few kings are being caught at the mouth of Willow Creek and other Parks Highway streams.