Thread: Renting Freezer Space Help

Default Renting Freezer Space Help

Hey guys,

Our group is heading up next week for two weeks and plan on doing some halibut fishing along with some salmon fishing. We are hoping to get some halibut and reds to freeze and take home. Does anyone know if there are any places in the Kenai peninsula or Anchorage to rent freezer space for a week or two? Any recommendations? We are flying in and out of Anchorage so closer to that vacinity would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There's a processor in Kenai that will vacuum seal your fish and flash freeze it and allow you to keep your fish there while you continue fishing

That commercial V-sealing is the way to go in my book, far superior to what I can do with my home sealer

(907) 262-9611 is their number, there may be other places in Homer or Soldotna as well

Put that in fish boxes and is should still be hard as a rock when you get it home

Good Luck!

10th & M in Anchorage rents freezer space; however I think the price was a little high.

I have a couple fish boxes you are more then welcome to have, if you need any.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

When I brought some halibut home in 2003 we had it processed by a place just North of Homer. They did a great job and the fish was good for years.
    Can't remember the name of the place though.
    I'm sure one of the locals will chime in.
    They did do a great job at a decent price and I highly reccomend them, who ever they are.

Default freezer space

I have a spare freezer I'm not using till moose season. Trade some halibut for freezer use? In Chugiak.
    I tried to pm ya but somehow I can't. What's your email/phone? OR pm me if you can.

You don't say exactly where you're going. I've had friends on extended stays bring their fish to Coal Point / Homer. They did a good job. At the end of each day, they brought in their fish, told them how they wanted them packaged, and Coal Point added them to their "stash". When they were ready to leave, they told them how they wanted them boxed. That's how they got it, nice and clean operation. I think they'll do anything you want there, from cleaning to shipping, and anything in between.

Thanks for the help. SInce we are flying in and out of Anchorage and spending the first week in the Kenai Peninsula and second in the Interior we are gonna try to find a place in Anchorage for ease of pickup when we get back. Any suggestions on that specific area? Im gonna give 10th & M a call if there are any other suggestions/recommedations they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.