Thread: Elmer Kieth Clone is the coolest!

Default Elmer Kieth Clone is the coolest!

Folks, I wanted to say something about a forum member here, that most of you know.

I started a thread about trying to figure out what (cheap) action to use for a 30-06 project that I want to do with my Dad. I wasn't soliciting for a FREE action, just trying to find out a good source to BUY one..to start the project. My Dad's 83, and I sure aint getting any younger.

The project has some serious sentimantal reasons behind it that I won't go into...but suffice to say it needs to be done. My memories of Dad and I hunting (in a 1960's Alaska that doesn't exist anymore) are the fondest of my life.

Anyway, as some of you who know EKC (already) may know, this guy is one of the coolest folks on this forum. His posts are ALWAYS diplomatic (I WISH I had that skill), and never does he tend to be taken the wrong way or get on folk's badside (like I seem to sometimes). Other folks on here have also experienced his generosity and diplomacy.

This cool forum member has dug into his personal stockpile and squared me away on the project with my Dad. I thought that deserved a thread of it's own. He refuses to accept any money for it...YES, I offered repeatedly. So, in some attempt to balance the scales I'm going to dig a bunch of my own stuff out of the attic and garage and do some "pay it forward" stuff here amongst our Outdoor Supersite forum members, benefitting YOU directly if you need some of the stuff.

So, if you know of EKC, and have had good things happen to you because of him, this is a good thread to say thank you.

An inspiration to us all...not just his generosity, but his diplomacy, and well thought out/courteous posts on all subjects.

EKC is welcome at my (and my Dad's) campfire/BBQ/cold Beers anytime.
    I've got another (Old Alaskan) idea about paying him back...but that will have to be forthcoming...for him to tell you about! Hehe.

So, I just felt the character of EKC deserved a thread of it's own. Many of you already know this.

Amen to that
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Default Kudo's EKC & AZ!

Good inspiration for others for sure!
    Integrity is a trait thats Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Good inspiration for others for sure!
    Integrity is a trait thats Priceless!
    And RARE. Maybe it's more common in Iowa, but not around these parts.
    This project already has good karma. My Dad's going to be blown away!

We've both gotten pretty cynical lately (Arizona BS/politics/age) and this will renew some of his faith in all things good in the world.
    It means more than I can even explain or put into words.

But isn't that the way all the Satanic ritualistic cult leaders, ike EKC, all work? He seems really nice and gives you nice stuff until he gets you to visit one of the cult meetings and then they give you Scopolomine and record you telling all your dark secrets and then they black mail you. Wait until EKC uses this technique to try to force you to make a sarin gas attack on the D.C. metro--then you'll wish you hadn't accepted that 30-06 action from him!

Just kidding.

Nice going EKC!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    But isn't that the way all the Satanic ritualistic cult leaders, ike EKC, all work? He seems really nice and gives you nice stuff until he gets you to visit one of the cult meetings and then they give you Scopolomine and record you telling all your dark secrets and then they black mail you. Wait until EKC uses this technique to try to force you to make a sarin gas attack on the D.C. metro--then you'll wish you hadn't accepted that 30-06 action from him!
    So you're saying I should wait for the coming AMWAY pitchline!?
    Marinehawk, you're as cynical as I am Bro! LMAO.

Nope, this is on the level, one heck of a decent person.
    I wish I was half as diplomatic/kind in my posts too! I mean consider who he's being kind to (me)...I'm the guy who's attempts at humor always seems to backfire (my own lack of diplomacy). The guy who likes to "taunt" the critics maybe even a little too much (20pages onetime). I'm probably a guy that doesn't even deserve this much kindness, and I'll be darned if it doesn't inspire me to try to be a bit more that way.

In all the twisted politically "correct" BS that's made me a cynic recently...this does give me some hope in people.
    I can't wait to get started on the project with Dad, and I've (finally) came up with a great (Old Alaska type) way to get him back for it. (hehehahaha!). Plus he's motivated me to clean the garage/attic and see if YOU guys need any of this stuff. (I never throw cool stuff away...and I'm in the Thrift Shop capital of the world here).

It truely means more than I can even explain, especially right now in life.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguide View Post
    So you're saying I should wait for the coming AMWAY pitchline!?
    Marinehawk, you're as cynical as I am Bro! LMAO.

Nope, this is on the level, one heck of a decent person.
    I wish I was half as diplomatic/kind in my posts too! I mean consider who he's being kind to (me)...I'm the guy who's attempts at humor always seems to backfire (my own lack of diplomacy). The guy who likes to "taunt" the critics maybe even a little too much (20pages onetime). I'm probably a guy that doesn't even deserve this much kindness, and I'll be darned if it doesn't inspire me to try to be a bit more that way.

In all the twisted politically "correct" BS that's made me a cynic recently...this does give me some hope in people.
    I can't wait to get started on the project with Dad, and I've (finally) came up with a great (Old Alaska type) way to get him back for it. (hehehahaha!). Plus he's motivated me to clean the garage/attic and see if YOU guys need any of this stuff. (I never throw cool stuff away...and I'm in the Thrift Shop capital of the world here).

It truely means more than I can even explain, especially right now in life.
    Of course, I was just kidding (as I said above). He's obviously such a nice and generous person, I thought it was funny to jokingly claim all of this generocity was part of an evil plan to take over your life and turn you into a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    Of course, I was just kidding (as I said above). He's obviously such a nice and generous person, I thought it was funny to jokingly claim all of this generocity was part of an evil plan to take over your life and turn you into a villain.
    I got that, Bro! No worries. I was joking back atcha about the AMWAY salespitch! (Wait, you ARE an Amway dealer MH???)
    LMAO! (see what I mean about my humor). Some folks here would probably already say I'm an evil villain!

Yes EKC is the coolest guy!! He strikes again. You never know about this guy. You may get a package in the mail from him with a very fine commemorative revolver in it or a complete rifle for a youth in need. He is extraordinarily generous and has been very helpful to many on this forum. You can't avoid his generosity. No need to try. I would be willing to plot with you to get even though.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Yes EKC is the coolest guy!! He strikes again. You never know about this guy. You may get a package in the mail from him with a very fine commemorative revolver in it or a complete rifle for a youth in need. He is extraordinarily generous and has been very helpful to many on this forum. You can't avoid his generosity. No need to try. I would be willing to plot with you to get even though.
    Murphy! There you are. PM me about this...I have an idea I think HE'll really like...kinda "Old Alaskan" sorta thing...
    Would be cool to get your (and some other folks) signitures on it for him. We'll get 'em back! Good karma comes around!
    The "plot" begins..... Anybody that also wants to be involved in this PM me also. (hehehaha <evil laugh).

EKC is one of my favorite also.
    If I wasn't so old, I'd name my next born EKC. :-)

Thanks EKC, you are a great guy!

steve

Default Does anyone remember Caribou Wards? (where REI is now).

The last time I won anything...I was probably 10 or 12 years old...and I cleaned up the most bags of trash during the "Spring Cleanup" in Anchorage. The prize was a choice of a new 10speed bike from Caribou Wards, or an equal amount to spend at the store.

Well, I alreadey had a bike...so I took the $108 (yup, I remember the amount) "shopping spree" and spent it ALL in the sporting goods department. I still have the Gerber folding knife that was just ONE of the cool things I got. Believe me, $108 to a 10year old back in 1972 was like winning the powerball numbers. I had to be grinning from ear-to-ear, just amazed that someting like that could happen to ME.

Guess what? TODAY I feel the same way. I went and picked up my Remington 700 today from Elmer Kieth Clone, and ....words can't even describe.

This thing is MINT! My god. There is not a mark on it.
    Brother, this thing is amazing. I believe in Guns having a Karma attached to them...and if I'm correct..this thing will shoot the eye out of a flying Raven (just from the "positive energy" attached to it). I can't wait to put some rounds downrange from this thing. IT WILL be my next Alaska Hunt gun, and I hope to get the scope mounted and get Dad out with it in the next week or so! SWEET .30-06 Remington 700 in MINT condition.
    Perfect for anything Arizona as well.

I can not put into words what this really means to me. Murphy and I have an idea about a pretty cool payback...but it will NEVER be as cool as this.
    Just Amazing. This is the type of person EKC is folks!

PS: pictures to follow...to busy playing with this right now to get out the camera...but I will in the next day. You'll be amazed too. MINT!

Default Well, here it is!

As promised, here's a picture. I got the scope mounted and basic boresighted. NOT a scratch on her. Perfect. Not a blemish. The scope fit PERFECT. 100&#37; good karma. Dropped on like it was made for ME!

Just AMAZING!

Default I agree with all that

All I can say, as a relative newcomer here, is that Elmer Keith Clone is one name that sticks clearly in my mind as "Exceedingly Cool" guy. Someone who has helped me out many times on these forums. Maybe it was from reading through the Reloading forum archives that I came to associate his name with great info and classy posting, and I'm in with appreciating who he is on these forums for sure

I guess it's mostly from my delving into Reloading this winter and many questions about shooting that I have seen him come up again and again with well.....

I'll leave it at that, Exceedingly Cool Guy

Thanks EKC
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Good thread. It is always good to read about people helping people.

Yup! And I'm not the first that EKC has helped here.

My Dad has been picking it up and putting it down all afternoon yesterday...testing the weight...putting it against his shoulder.

Who knows what old Alaska memories are running throught that 83year old mind, as he shoulders and takes aim in our living room.
    Could be any number from our past.......I can only make some guesses.

This kindness will NEVER be forgotten, EKC.

It's always nice to see....and meet good people. May we all be so blessed. It's also nice to see recognition where it is due. Indeed we should all pay it forward when it's due!

Brett

Maybe a new handle is in order...
    EKC, the COOLEST. :-)

I'll agree with that! You guys don't even know half the story.

There's other folks here that could tell you even more.
    Just an amazing person, and family from what I know.

Blessed to have him on this forum.