Thread: My boats back in the water!

Default My boats back in the water!

Well after a couple years in storage while I hung out in the desert my boat finally got drug out serviced and fired up! My brother in laws finally realized I had a boat sitting there and asked my wife if they could borrow it. She said sure as long as you get it tuned up and running right. I paid for parts of course but it got a new steering cable, water pump rebuild, new plugs, new battery etc. They dropped it in the lake yesterday and ran it for a couple hours, apparently the marine stabil poured in the tank 2 years ago kept the 35 gallons of fuel in good shape. It fired right up as soon as they turned the key after installing the new battery!

Too bad I am not home and using it myself but I am still stoked that it is out and on the water! They are going to put it in the river today and run it for a while. If that goes well then the wife and oldest boy are going to go out on it with her brother later in the week.

Default Great to Hear

always good to hear that one made the water and without major problem. But more importantly a Big Thank You for your service in protecting the ability for the rest of us to enjoy our boats, and way of life in the USA!

Now to get mine in the water!

Quote Originally Posted by alaskapiranha View Post
    always good to hear that one made the water and without major problem. But more importantly a Big Thank You for your service in protecting the ability for the rest of us to enjoy our boats, and way of life in the USA!

Now to get mine in the water!

You said it brother a big thank you again

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Its a good thing Jon...

didn't you have it on the market some time ago? now that she's running still considering it?

you'll be home soon enough see ya then..

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up LuJon thanks

For your service and I think instead of just words of thanks all of us on here should show some action of thanks. I'd be willing to keep a schedule and store his boat and each of us could take weekend turns with it and write some nice posts about the fun we had and the fish we caught, tjm is going to put together a boat rodeo and since I don't want to hurt my boat I would even be willing to run Lujon's so he can feel part of it also.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Thanks all for the kind words! While I am over in the sand box these days I am doing it of my own free will. The first two trips were AD but as of late 2008 I got a contract civ gig.

Fortunately my in-laws have taken up your slack and are out on the river in my boat right now. Sounds like my bro in law is going to take the wife and kids out here in a few days unless they shut down fishing all together so the boat should be well used before I get back to it.

Well after the lake trials were successful they had a great day out on the river w/ no issues. I don't know how many miles/hours they put on it but I am super stoked to know that it will be pretty much be ready go when I get back!