Thread: King Mountain Camp Ground

Default King Mountain Camp Ground

My wife likes to camp at King Mountain camp ground because it is nastalgic for her, this was the place her grandparents took her for several years. I like it because it's always quiet (other than the noise from the highway,) and it's only a 30 min drive from home.

On the otherhand, it is getting boring. My 3 young kids (5 and under) have fun playing in the woods, throwing rocks in the river, getting muddy, collecting wood and exploring... But we're running out of things to do. Does anyone know If I'm missing something? I do not know the local area very well, I hear there are atv trails but I don't know anyone who uses them. Anyone know something we should see or do in that area? I'm up for fishing, hiking, and biking especially. And eventually ATV when I can afford some

Thanks in advance. I did a forum search for "King Mountain" before I wrote this but couldn't find anything.

jwolf

Further up the highway you can fish at Ravine Lake, take the Bonnie Lake turnoff (climbing up Chickaloon hill) and its the little lake to the right about a mile or 2 up the dirt road.. There are several atv trails - King river, Puritan, and if you take Jonesville road in Sutton to where it hits the mining area you will find all sorts of ATVin families cruising for weekend fun. For hiking, whoa, tons of trails.. Id try the main Puritan trailhead, kind of a climb in the beginning but my 3year old hacked it just fine with intermittent piggy back.. Beautiful country..

Quote Originally Posted by ePatrick View Post
    My wife likes to camp at King Mountain camp ground because it is nastalgic for her, this was the place her grandparents took her for several years. I like it because it's always quiet (other than the noise from the highway,) and it's only a 30 min drive from home.

On the otherhand, it is getting boring. My 3 young kids (5 and under) have fun playing in the woods, throwing rocks in the river, getting muddy, collecting wood and exploring... But we're running out of things to do. Does anyone know If I'm missing something? I do not know the local area very well, I hear there are atv trails but I don't know anyone who uses them. Anyone know something we should see or do in that area? I'm up for fishing, hiking, and biking especially. And eventually ATV when I can afford some

Thanks in advance. I did a forum search for "King Mountain" before I wrote this but couldn't find anything.