Thread: anybody hear...

Default anybody hear...

about a BIG skull that came off the upper penn this year...i'm hearing numbers like 30 5/16

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoot View Post
    about a BIG skull that came off the upper penn this year...i'm hearing numbers like 30 5/16

some one give Dennis a compliment?

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Hmm... Might be worth a call to the King Salmon F&G office..
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Didn't know the prez hit Alaska yet,is head and skull the same?

Ninefoot, that must've come from a tenfoot+!

Keep us updated if you hear anything more...

I heard about the same numbers and heard it came from one of Butch King's camps
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
    I heard about the same numbers and heard it came from one of Butch King's camps
    That is a good area, however I would call that mid Alaska Peninsula as opposed too Upper. He pulled a serious HOG out of there some years ago. The hunter had to build an addition on to his house, in Japan as I remember.

Yup,..heard the same,...Butch King Camp,.....Lance Kronberger was the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    That is a good area, however I would call that mid Alaska Peninsula as opposed too Upper. He pulled a serious HOG out of there some years ago. The hunter had to build an addition on to his house, in Japan as I remember.
    I remember that bear. It was at Russel Knight's shop for awhile while his addition was being added, right? It was an absolute toad.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I remember that bear. It was at Russel Knight's shop for awhile while his addition was being added, right? It was an absolute toad.
    Yep, I think it was held at Knight's for 3 years, till he could expand his trophy room. I kind of remember a video of the bear just after it was downed. They called it a 11' bear. What ever it was, it was big.

Yep, I think it was held at Knight's for 3 years, till he could expand his trophy room. I kind of remember a video of the bear just after it was downed. They called it a 11' bear. What ever it was, it was big.

If I recall, he had shot a 10 footer prior that never made it back to Japan. Someone took it. He came back and shot an even bigger one.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

In 2008 'AK wilderness charters' reported taking a large boar near Cold bay, Aleutian Range, the bear squared 11.6 and the skull measured 30.5.

Might be the one you heard about ?

Has anybody checked with any of the idiot savants in the other huge bear threads to make sure that this is really a huge bear?

This thread would be great with pics, does anybody have any?

I've had some houses that require an "addition" for a bear - and that bear could be pretty small! Kind of like the Texan with the ranch that took "all day" to drive from on side to the other!
    Joe (Ak)

Default right on...thats the one i heard...

holy crap, thats a toad. anybody hear squared size? butch still huntin state land or does he have some federal too? curious. that's a bruiser, should be well into the top ten. props to kronberger and whoever was the lucky client. nice bear. and yeah it'd be nice to see some pics...

i'm starting to hear quite a few reports from around the state, and it appears that some on the penn had a rough time of it (as we absolutely did here in western ak) but other camps i'm hearing had an average to above average season with good success...interesting.

and yeah huntalaska, i bet he goes well over ten...never know, but thats an easy one to bet on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yup,..heard the same,...Butch King Camp,.....Lance Kronberger was the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    Has anybody checked with any of the idiot savants in the other huge bear threads to make sure that this is really a huge bear?

This thread would be great with pics, does anybody have any?
    Might start by finding out if one that large was actually sealed - naw. Sorry for the lapse in judgement
    Joe (Ak)