Thread: camping and riding

Default camping and riding

I live in anchorage and my friend in Kenai. Were wanting to meet somewhere in between to go riding and camping with our families. Any suggestions?

I honestly don't know a single place you could ATV between Anchorage and Kenai besides Bird Creek. That's about it. Chugach National Forest has the rest of it locked up.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

To be honest there is the .5 mile stretch at Granite Creek.

You can ride there. All day long. Back and forth.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

yup, you are talking about the ATV free sanctuary there......

to camp and ride one of you is going to take it in the shorts and have to do some driving.

to the south you have the beaches from the Kasilof south nearly all the way to Homer that can be ridden. Also out past Homer on the trails, and of course the caribou hills area.

North you got Eklutna Lake but that is only Sunday thru Wednesday. Petersville RD, Hatcher Pass for "unimproved" camping....

good luck
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

There is a small trail off Bear Creek Road just outside Seward. You can camp at Stony Creek RV and ride from your camp site to Bear Creek Road and then to the trail that ends at Bear Lake. It's only a few miles but it is fun.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/