Thread: How to "soak" salmon eggs (Ship Creek)

Default How to "soak" salmon eggs (Ship Creek)

Hey all,

I live out in the Valley and have always gone fishing in our local rivers when the salmon arrived (no bait allowed), but since I'm working in Anchorage now I want to try Ship Creek. I have been reading that "soaking" salmon eggs is typically most successful there. How do most people do this?:

- Sinkers?
    - Bobbers?
    - On a single hook, or a lure (ex: Spin n/ Glo)?
    - What depth are you aiming for?
    - Do you want it to drift, or to sit near the bottom?

I'm planning to go tomorrow (Mon) after work right before high tide (4:00 pm), so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Depends on where u fish. I see a lot of people with eggs and spin n glo on the bottom up pass the railroad bridge. Down at the mouth eggs under a bobbers is the way to go. I usually adjust my bobber so that the eggs will free drift and do not hit the ground. Fish close to the bank. Don't worry, just watch the other 100 people out there and u will catch on quick

Quote Originally Posted by aldridge88 View Post
    Depends on where u fish. I see a lot of people with eggs and spin n glo on the bottom up pass the railroad bridge. Down at the mouth eggs under a bobbers is the way to go. I usually adjust my bobber so that the eggs will free drift and do not hit the ground. Fish close to the bank. Don't worry, just watch the other 100 people out there and u will catch on quick
    Thanks. I went on Friday and watched people to get an idea. Seemed like everyone had something different on the end of their line. Everything from flies, to egg beads, to spin n glos, to flatfish. I didn't see anyone with eggs under a bobber, so I wasn't sure if I'd be the village idiot tomorrow if that's what I tried, haha...

I just noticed there's already a similar topic to this one a few threads down from mine. Oops.