Thread: George Lake Report 3-5 June 2010

Default George Lake Report 3-5 June 2010

Well I should have gone to George lake this weekend instead of the salmon attempt at Klutina.

George lake is alive and well, I had a friend go in that had never been there before, gave him instructions and off he went.

He was able to navigate and find the mouth of George Creek and got his 18 foot jet up the creek with only getting out twice to squeeze it through shallow areas. He says the water level was very low (just like it is every year).

Anyway they caught lots of pike, camped for 2 days and had a blast.

The pike are still there, largest they caught was 29 inches. They said everything they used worked, conventional and fly rod.

Guess it should be good for shallow water boat access for a little bit?? I missed out!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Well I should have gone to George lake this weekend instead of the salmon attempt at Klutina.

George lake is alive and well, I had a friend go in that had never been there before, gave him instructions and off he went.

He was able to navigate and find the mouth of George Creek and got his 18 foot jet up the creek with only getting out twice to squeeze it through shallow areas. He says the water level was very low (just like it is every year).

Anyway they caught lots of pike, camped for 2 days and had a blast.

The pike are still there, largest they caught was 29 inches. They said everything they used worked, conventional and fly rod.

Guess it should be good for shallow water boat access for a little bit?? I missed out!
    Pretty spendy trip for 29 inches IMO. I remember the amount of boats out there, pretty suprising...which side of the lake did they camp at? Any Pics?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/