Thread: Area to train and work dogs

Default Area to train and work dogs

I am wondering if there are any open areas around Anchorage to work my dog. I recently moved up here and the dog parks are just to crowded to really get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by nko315 View Post
    I am wondering if there are any open areas around Anchorage to work my dog. I recently moved up here and the dog parks are just to crowded to really get anything done.
    My roommate has a hunting dog and he'll take him to some of the bike trails to let him work his magic.

There's some areas in Kinkaid park I think would work well that really aren't crowded on weekdays. There's a good trail system and some open(ish) areas where you shouldn't be too bothered. If you're really lucky no one will be on the Frisbee Golf course and you could use those to train.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: found a good overhead of the park.

If you keep driving down Raspberry there's the large main complex at the end of the road. Some open, mowed, fields there. To the west of that is the frisbee golf course. If that's in use you could always head down the hill even further west of there and barely anyone is out in that area except the die-hards along the coastal trail.

It's thicker growth but still passable. Haven't been down there recently to see how bad the devils club is so it could be for naught.