Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Anchorage Gun Shops?

Default Best Anchorage Gun Shops?

I'm driving down from Squarebanks to Kenai for a fishing trip next weekend and I'd like to stop by a few gun shops in Anchorage to look for a Kahr MK9 or PM9. Any recommendations?

Iam not sure about Anchorage, but in Kenai, Soldotna we have Impact guns in Soldotna, Gator guns in Kenai, # bears just opened a really good section of new guns and reloading suppies, And Walmart has a very big section of guns

What about Palmer/Wasilla?

Good gun shops in Wasilla? Chimos is the only gun shop I know of with any inventory. Pretty much you either love them or hate them.

Palmer? I have no clue. Haven't heard of any.

Eagle River. Can't beat Boondocks, but bring cash, they don't take credit cards.

Anchorage. I shop Great Northern Guns. They've always done me right. Wild West Guns is a sponsor here so it's worth checking out.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Great, thanks. Which of those has the largest pistol selection?

If you go to Wild West
    Their head gun smith does NOT have the best customer service skills so if you find a very Arrogant , not there to help you out type of guy, its probably him.
    Everyone else though was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by s_wright121 View Post
    If you go to Wild West
    Their head gun smith does NOT have the best customer service skills so if you find a very Arrogant , not there to help you out type of guy, its probably him.

Reminds me of a certain gunsmith here in Fairbanks **cough** Arctic Gunworks **cough**

If you go to Wild West
    I don't think he's a 'smith. That said, WWG has very good gunsmiths.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Ammo Can on Spenard and the corner of Benson is another good gun shop. They always have a good selection of used guns with prices that are hard to beat. They have good prices on new guns as well and the customer service from my experience has always been stellar.

For what it's worth I've heard REALLY good things about The KID at WWG if you need gunsmith work. As far as retail...I'm not sure...I've been away too long. It has taken me 10years to finally find the right one here locally. And that included working at one (but maybe that's why my standards are higher). No "self-phones" or other calls while I'm being waited on...and no other interuptions. Of course, they deal mostly with LEO, and it's by appointment only.

My advice is to find a small trusted/courteous (home shop) dealer that can order/transfer stuff for you, and then go to the KID if/when you have smith work that needs done.

Quote Originally Posted by TA1095 View Post
    Ammo Can on Spenard and the corner of Benson is another good gun shop. They always have a good selection of used guns with prices that are hard to beat. They have good prices on new guns as well and the customer service from my experience has always been stellar.
    This is a new one to me. Which corner? Are they where the old Buckaroo Club used to be? (across Spenard from REI)? Time to get out Googleearth again...and get freaked out about how much has changed. Holy Crap! That whole corner has changed. Is that part of the big Cash America pawn shop there on the corner? (At least the old Hobby Shop looks to still be there).

Ammo Can is about one block South of the old Buckaroo Club., nice shop. Wild West and Gun Runners are both great shops. For holsters I like Northern Security and for ammo I usually end up at Mt. View Sports or Northern Security.

Thanks NormK. Does Alaska Tactical have a "Pro Shop"? Good selection?

If you go to Wild West
    Say it aint so!

For the best deals in town I go to wild west guns.

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post
    For the best deals in town I go to wild west guns.
    Yeah, but do they have a cool logo baseball hat?
    That's the real question.

Like maybe with a cool 45-70 on it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguide View Post

Nope just pink camo womens shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Nope just pink camo womens shirts
    Fedexed (by the case) to Finland on a regular basis, I'm sure I'm still waiting for a good WWG ballcap to hit the market. When it does...I'm all over that. Try to get them in Desert Tan, will ya? That tactical Black is kinda hot on the golfcourse in 110deg.

No hats that I have seen. For me they just build rifles from the ground up, which shoot better than I can, guide successfull bear hunts and dispose of my old junk on gunbroker so I can get a new Blaser. Now thats a full service gun shop.

But if hats and schwag are important to you, I'll see if I can get them to do a run of hats.

Fedexed (by the case) to Finland on a regular basis, I'm sure I'm still waiting for a good WWG ballcap to hit the market. When it does...I'm all over that. Try to get them in Desert Tan, will ya? That tactical Black is kinda hot on the golfcourse in 110deg.
    I'm kinda hoping for digital green camo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast