Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge Bear Down!

Default Huge Bear Down!

I nailed him this morning at 1:58am! Oh yeah I used the Glock 20! Smoked him good. He went 22 yards before piling up. I fell asleep, was sleeping good too. Woke up for some reason, camera flash maybe. Pulled off the gloves, pulled out the glock, lined up the sights and Blam=Fire blasted from the 6" long slide. The bear was sitting eating the bait away from the barrels. The game cam took a pic of him, didn't bring that card out though yet. I hit him just a bit over half way up the body and about a foot behind the shoulder. Looked to be his liver was shreded, hole through the heart and bullet exited the brisket! That 230gr. Double Tap load nocked him silly. One shot fired, one very dead bear. He is huge!

Long slide is 9" long, for reference. For the non believers in the 10mm, you better believe it now. Can't wait to seal the skull. My biggest black bear ever by far. Just dropped of 97# of boneless clean meat at Indian Valley Meats.

It took 3 trips to get him all out. First trip was all the legs on the barneys pack and I carried the bag with my gear in it. Then the torso, check how how long that thing is on the pack frame! Then went in for the heavy hide with skull still in it and the tree stand seat. Dropped off more marshmallows and honey. Started around 3am with the skinning and butchering. Was done and ready to leave at 8:30am, let meat soak in the creek in trash bags while packing out everything else. Then ate and let the hide cool off too. Long day today, but a good one. Will tape the hide when the head is out. Over 7' claw to claw so far. Hide is not fleshed and will measure that when I pull the skull. Curious to see how wide and long it will be. For now he is chilling in the freezer. Dead tired, sore back, and barely able to type. I did it solo to boot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Torso pic and hide pic.

MAN! That is a huge bear! Congrats on getting him. I knew your G-20 would blow that hog away. Looks like we both had a good hunt last night/today

It was dark of course. Batteries died. Didn't take the time to change them. Never took pics of the entry and exit, holes were larger than the bullet though. Bear left NO blood trail. Holes were plugged with fat! He had 3" of fat in places. He had fat inbetween muscle groups in the legs. Never took the time to weight each game bag. Just a huge bear.

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    MAN! That is a huge bear! Congrats on getting him. I knew your G-20 would blow that hog away. Looks like we both had a good hunt last night/today

You get a nice one? Have not looked at threads yet. You post it?

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    You get a nice one? Have not looked at threads yet. You post it?
    Below your thread, no where near as nice as your bear but about the best I've had in my site this year.

I think the .10MM will easly shoot through two big black bears, and I would not want to be third inline for the bullet AFTER the two bears. Was never any doubt for me about the power of the .10MM. Congratulations Very Nice Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I think the .10MM will easly shoot through two big black bears, and I would not want to be third inline for the bullet AFTER the two bears. Was never any doubt for me about the power of the .10MM. Congratulations Very Nice Bear.

Thanks man. That hard cast round at 1120fps is a bone crusher, or heart and liver shredder.

Default Apparently a Good Choice

Nice Bear, and what a hunt and workout as Solo, impressive

Guess you're not much of a snorer, eh? or maybe you sound like a gorging bear when you do??

And as for your weapon of choice, Apparently Excellent

Good post, thanks
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thats one nice looking bear congrats.

Chris,
    You just had to go and show crop shop didn't you? Very nice bear with a great hide! Congratulations on a successful solo hunt. True Grit
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default Congrats on the success

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Crasher View Post
    7' from which claw,to which claw? That's quite a stretch and the pun is intended.

Funny how your biggest one ever,is still miles from huge. Do tell another whopper,with the skull size.
    Hey Rat, nice first post; sarcasm is intended. Care to post more about why you joined this forum? This is a forum of outdoors-men that work together to work for the furtherance of our outdoor sports, and to have fun.

akrstabout, very nice bear. Thank you for taking the time to take and post the pictures and hunt report. Posts and threads like yours here is what makes this forum the best. (+1)

Whoa! That bear is HUGE!

Jealousy in full effect. I'm kidding. I got my bear for the year even though he isn't close to yours.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Goodbye Rat Crasher.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default this forum is fast to join, but the mods are faster

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Goodbye Rat Crasher.
    That's gotta be a new record; what did he have, a life span of about 25 minutes? Mosquitoes live longer, LOL. Nice work moderators.

akrstabout, great hunt report and if you get rested up please post more details. Great thread and post.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    That's gotta be a new record; what did he have, a life span of about 25 minutes? Mosquitoes live longer, LOL. Nice work moderators.
    I had to give them a little motivation to get him deleted. Nothing a PM can't handle, haha.

Not only do mosquitos live longer, but they are more significant too! You know your pathetic when!

Rat Crasher is right.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Rat Crasher is right.
    About?

Nice job, beautiful bear! Solo handgun kill. I'm still hoping....

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good job man... i know you were looking forward to taking one with the 10 mm... way to come awake!

good looking bear

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast