Thread: Uh oh, this could get expensive

Default Uh oh, this could get expensive

I finally got my youngest daughter (10) out to the range today. It was her first time shooting a .22 and she decided she wanted to shoot with us in our .22 50yard match. She did great and improved through the whole thing.

Then it was off to the Carbon 15 AR-15 I couldn't pry it from her hands. We shot at 50 yards and then smoked some bowling pins at 25. She couldn't hold it up long enough so I just let her hammer away from the bench.

Her older brother brought his .22 pistol and she did well with that too. All of the sudden she decided that she needed to shoot my XDm.40. With a little trepidation I decided to allow it from the bench. 50 rounds later she was torqued we were out of ammo.

A good day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thats cool man. Whats the sledge hammer for...to get your XD back?

LOL.. I knew that would come up. I left my small hammer at home. I needed to drift the rear sight over on the XDm and that was the only hammer I had in the back of my truck. I went easy and it got it the first try
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Cute Kid AK!
    Looks like you are bringing her up right and looks like she is handling firearms
    in a safe way - Kudos!
    Your girl reminds me of a gal I taught in sporting clays - didn't weigh 75lbs soaking wet - about 4ft 8in - would shoot a Rem 11 12 ga all day long as long as you fed her ammo! Tough little nut and a pure joy to be around!
    Great job Dad!

It might be expensive but completely worth it.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

lol Doug, now you know how i feel with allmy girls!!!!!!!! great taking the out isn't it!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I love seeing a dad bringing his kids up right! Kudos to you Doug!

Looks like a great day at the range!

This is the way gun enthusiasm gets a good foothold... by introducing kids to our enjoyable shooting pastime.

One good, fun, & safe experience will lead to many more.

i feel your pain on that one ..we had total of six kids involved one forum of shooting or another ...thank god most where into the 22.rimfire sports area of schools for all of them shot in some form of prone or 3 prostion in school ..so it was buy case lots of 22.lr rimfire ammo from a local dealer all the time..feeding 8 22.lr caliber weapons in the house was a bit of a chore at time

Doug, ready for the best of both worlds?

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 MOE. PM inbound...

I feel your pain. I bought me an XDM9 in March and took my wife out to shoot. I bought me another XDM9 in April because she took my first one. We started shooting in steel matches ln May and I have reloaded over 5000 rounds in the past 2 months. My 19 year old daughter who has had no interest in shooting at all wanted to go and shoot last weekend. After 150 rounds of 9mm and 200 rounds of .38 she had enough for the day. Now she wants her own pistol. My 16 year old now wants to go shoot a pistol. She has been shooting a .22 since she was 4 and I am sure she has put more rounds through my AR than I have. She has always shyed away from handguns but she can't have her sister out do her. I'm just happy that they will still take time to hang out and shoot with us since they have lots of other things going on.

Default Sounds like your developing some real competetion for your self

Wwe lived in the mountains, and desert several years,my family enjoied plinking especially when it came to "the Game".
    we stood 10' apart each with a empty soda can 10' in front of us each a different color.
    each person staying at the line, took one shot at a time, and the idea is to move the can as far as possable at the end of 10 rounds.
    this sounds easy , but with wind ,rocks bushes, turain.it made the challange all the more fun. I've had the can 50' away and the wind blow it smack dab right back in front of me on shot #9. We'd laugh and have so much fun other famlies would join in. In those days a brick of .22 shells was $10. and we'd blow 2 bricks easy on an outing by our selves. Made the soda cans easy to crush for recycling too. My daughter was the best at it , never told her I had given my self a handy cap not wearing my glasses, every one loved beating me, it was too much fun just to have them out there , I remember those times fondly.

my kids where the one who took me to my first palma match and fell in love with the whole idea of palma shooting and how it effects of long range rifle shooting ..

our game we played as a family was mini palma at 100 yards with open sights ..so would spend a lot of time out at the farm shooting it in the time off ..my dad when alive was the rangemaster and he would sit in the shade of a tree and blow a whistke to start and stop the fireing on the range..