Thread: West Side Flyout Information

Default West Side Flyout Information

Our group of 7 will be in Soldotna July 11th - 14th and would like to spend one day on a fly-out day trip to the West side for some fishing. Can someone please give us some information on who to book this trip with? Also, if you have some experiences to share it would be appreciated, keeping in mind that this trip is mainly for our sons to get the experience of flying in a float plane.

Much Thanks
    jwppap

I can't tell you what river to fish but I can tell you a good outfitter to use.
    Give the guys at Alaska West Air a call. I have some friends that guide there and they are very good at their job.

http://www.alaskawestair.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jwppap View Post
    Our group of 7 will be in Soldotna July 11th - 14th and would like to spend one day on a fly-out day trip to the West side for some fishing. Can someone please give us some information on who to book this trip with? Also, if you have some experiences to share it would be appreciated, keeping in mind that this trip is mainly for our sons to get the experience of flying in a float plane.

Much Thanks
    jwppap

Alaska West Air or Talon Air in Soldotna. Both will put you on the fish and have great guides as well as pilots.

My wife and I used High adventure air last August and had a blast catching silvers out at Wolverine Creek.

High Adventure Air as stated above. Ask for Jeremy as your guide. Had him in 2006 & 2008. You won't be disappointed.

Default West side

If you want a great sight seeing trip along with the Bear viewing and fishing, call Alan Helfer at talon air. 907-262-8899.
    I took my grandsons and son in laws a couple years ago with Alan and we still talk about that trip. Hurry, July is almost here.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinswede View Post
    My wife and I used High adventure air last August and had a blast catching silvers out at Wolverine Creek.
    Yep, what he said.

http://www.ysr-racer.com/alaska_2008.htm

brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com