Thread: Real or not

That does not cover as I see it the need for a person take a firearm to an FFL and the FFL send it back for repair. As it stands now a person may send a gun to Ruger for repair and the new wording states he can no longer do so. This new wording seems to ad a dealer in mix X2 no matter what.

Default Huh ? The bATF website says:

"Q: Is an ATF Form 4473 required when a gunsmith returns a repaired firearm?
    No, provided the firearm is returned to the person from whom it was received.

[27 CFR 478.124(a)]"

Amigo,
    Looks to me like they have targeted the manufacturers and the others that ship guns are not included - yet?
    I've held an FFL for 33 years now - one day they will finally get it I fear as they keep piling on too many laws! It makes me sick to think all the laws enacted have done so little to prevent crime and only burden the legal gun owner with costs, fines, convictions for petty crap etc.

Drive down the road in IL with an empty gun - your OK ( unless in Chicago Land ) however get caught with just 1 bullet in that gun and your a felon for life... Unbelievable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Amigo,
    Looks to me like they have targeted the manufacturers and the others that ship guns are not included - yet?
    I've held an FFL for 33 years now - one day they will finally get it I fear as they keep piling on too many laws! It makes me sick to think all the laws enacted have done so little to prevent crime and only burden the legal gun owner with costs, fines, convictions for petty crap etc.

Drive down the road in IL with an empty gun - your OK ( unless in Chicago Land ) however get caught with just 1 bullet in that gun and your a felon for life... Unbelievable.....
    Found this from the NRA and it looks like plain folks are still OK. Big forehead wipe
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=5866