Thread: caribou hunting unit 26 airservice

Default caribou hunting unit 26 airservice

Looking for someone to fly four of us to the caribou herd. I will drive up coldfoot area. August 23-28. Is there anyone that can help me. Have our know gear.
    Thanks

Default Coyote Air...give Dirk a call

Highly recommend Coyote Air:
    http://flycoyote.com/

Default Mike's Air Taxi

I'm flying out of Happy Valley with Mike's Air Taxi the first week of September. He seems like a great guy and his prices are very reasonable.

coyote air is booked for time of year. Have a number for mike taxi.
    thanks

Default Happy Valley

If you going in early to mid August go to Happy Valley and call Mike, great guy who has teamed up with the Chief pilot of Alaska Air Taxi(Bob). They know the area and are both great pilots, oh don't know what I'm talking about, sorry the place sucks(just Joking), but thats where I will be.

Terry

Default Mike's Air Taxi

Mike's number is 907-209-0119. Not sure how booked up he is, you are a little late trying to book anyone for this fall, especially with the limit being raised to 5 per person. I usually try to get my flyouts booked by January.

There is a new guy and a member here called Bushwacker air (I think?). He is flying from the Shelf so that could work for you. Good luck.

Hi Guys,
    I am actually based up at galbraith Lake. Seem to be booking quite a few sheep hunters, not so many caribou hunters, I would think with 200,000 caribou up there somebody would be interested. I have openings in August. If any body is interested my website is www.bushwackerair.com
    Thanks
    Jeff Kruse
    Bushwacker Air

If none of these outfits mentioned already work out, try Bettles Air and Brooks Range Aviation in Bettles.
    Can't drive to Bettles but you can get there on a commercial air service.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default dont know..

if you found someone yet, but Dan Sailors out of aniak will be running out of kavik again this year. small outfit, but his numbers in the aniak book. he fly's a husky and is a great pilot. husky aviation is what he calls his business, and i dont know if he's booked up or not, just know he's a pilot i dont have a problem reccomending to anyone, he's good and safe..two important things to think about regarding bush pilots. there's a few to stay away from that opperate up there (safety issues) pm me if you want my opinion on that.

I'm arriving in Deadhorse and going to Happy Valley on August 26th to hang out and hunt with Mike McCrary at and from his camp. I plan to stay until he closes up camp in September. I've hunted with him nine years in a row and wouldn't consider going with anyone else. Hope to see some guys there.

Don Mulligan
    www.outdoorswithdon.com