1 1.01%
  • I sent $2000-$3000 this year on baiting and expenses

1 1.01%
  • HOLY CRAP i am a dead man for what i spent this year > $3k

3 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Baiting success Poll

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default The Baiting success Poll

Okay less then a month to go... and i have the feeling guys n gals are starting to pull up stakes and let it end already... so please only vote now if your already done...

just for fun to measure the success against the work load put into it...I know some spent more then others and thats not what it about... just kind of a barometer to show how much we are willing to pt out for some back breaking work..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Probably won't vote till the season is over. Then I'll let ya know.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I am at least 3 grand. The good thing is there I no one to. Care how much I spend. I have put like 25 hours on the boat. It been fun tho.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Probably won't vote till the season is over. Then I'll let ya know.
    thats the spirit!!!! just wanted to get it up for those pulling out already...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'll have to second pike, gonna wait it out. Slow, but we did take one bear off it so far....

Might pull the plug this weekend. I sat until 1am the other night. nada. did see some griz tracks not too far away. I'm thinking thats what hit my bait a week ago.

Hey Vince this past weekend I put 155 miles on the boat. And I already heard about several people pulling stakes this weekend. Anyhow we'll see what happens next weekend.

Well, this gal is not giving up yet. I still have a few more weekends that I can go out. We just got hit last Sunday for the first time, so we'll see what happens this weekend. Plus, my husband isn't in the field this week, so maybe I can get him to take me out a night or two this week also. Will poll when all is said and done..and hopefully I can click on the one where I took a bear.

Hopefully I will be able to vote after tonights hunt

Default Still hunting here

Last Monday the neighbor kid ( 11 years old) took his first bear off one of my baits. His dad forgot the picture camera but did get a fair amount of video of it. Still trying to get the wife a bear. Checked the bait tonight and It was hit again so I guess we will have to get a babysitter lined up. This baiting is a lot of work. I have to hull bait about every day.
    For my first year of baiting we have had really good luck. I will save my vote until June 30.
    Cheers
    Olin

Looks like I can vote now! Just arrowed a decent blackie at 1130pm last night.

i actually did not hunt my bait much because of my knee injury. i videoed and drove the boat. alot of $$$ for fuel. about $1000 for boat and 3-400 for truck.
    we went 3 for 3 for the folks i took out . Pix in bowhunting section.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I'm one of the poor sob's who aint getting hit...wth, 2 of the 3 baits a buddy and I are running are established baits........cant buy a hit, heck I'd love to go in and just watch cubs play around and at this point there isnt much intent on killing as much as just enjoying the outing.......I give!

bump.... hey how about a sticky till the end of the poll?

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    bump.... hey how about a sticky till the end of the poll?
    Just for you Vince.... I hate to see a grown man cry

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Just for you Vince.... I hate to see a grown man cry
    well i still have hunting days left..... we'll see who is cryng when its over... mine has been a success so far as i have gutted one bear for Daniel.... floated mark down to a grizz and called a wolf in for Ray... going to spend a week on the river with the boy next

meet on face book here

Excellent!

Default New choice:

Where is the box to check the choice that says: YES, my bait was hit but only by griz, NO I did not take a bear, YES, I spent a zillion hours and a good bunch of green.

I suck at bear baiting. Spot and stalk for me.

Vince You Need To Put One Up For How Many Grizzlies Hit Peoples Baits, And How Much It Cost Everyone To Feed Them But We Can Not Shot Them

Default Well

First year hunting in Alaska and first ever baiting. I feed the bears a lot of food but, just never saw them when I sat in the stand. I think I learned a lot for next year and I finally broke down and bought a trail cam. I will give the bears another go in the fall doing spot and stalk.

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast