Thread: 2007 yamaha rhino must haves

Default 2007 yamaha rhino must haves

Picked up a 2007 yamah rhino 660. Its already got alot of stuff on it. 26"itp tires and rims with some kind of spacers. A tri fire CDI, Front rack, Front and rear bumpers, windshield, roof, 5 point harnesses, winch, Fire extinguisher, Gps holder, A swith to manually turn the cooling fan on, A center console on the floor to hold beverages and stuff. and probably some other stuff that I forgot.

The previous owner said the airfilter would get dirty and causes the engine to miss when riding in real dusty conditions. So first thought for me is to get a K&N air filter as well as a pre filter.

I also wouldnt mind a full cab enclosure setup.

He also Highly recomended a ground anchor. I think he had pull pall or something like that?

Anything else you guys can think of?

Looks like you got most of the things you need. I would recommend you look at "Uni" filters vs K&N. Several studies done around the net that say the "Uni" works better than the K&N. I have the Uni and it has worked flawless for two year. Some folks found the K&N let a little dust get past the filter.

I added some mirrors to mine. It really helps when riding to see what is behind and around you. UTVs are not as easy to let you look behind you. I also added a beverage bottle opener to the tailgate of my Rhino. That probably gets more use than any other upgrade I have. At the end of the day, I back my Rhino up near my chair and cooler at the camp fire and enjoy a frosty beverage with friends while we discuss the days ride.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Default Went ridin'

Went riding with our friends who have one. I'm impressed! A few things: Put up a rear windshield or wear mud. Better yet, get some fender extensions or eat mud. I've never seen two muddier people in my whole life!!!

Plus, and I'll leave this one to the owners, they said something about a weak cooling system part that failed once.

That's all their troubles. They have a heater installed inside... nice!

Instead of K&N I went with a NO-Toil Air filter. It looked alot like the stock one and the guys at wasilla yamaha liked them. And its not a guaze filter like the K&N. It was only 15 bucks. im going to order one of the CVT intake filters. I noticed a ton of dust gets in there.

I do have a rear cab cover. And skid plates. Im glad I had the skid plates. I really beat them up last weekend crawling up hatchers pass trails.

So far my big complaint is the noise inside the cab. I heard snorkeling the air intake will be a big help as well as adding some padding under the console.

well got out for a second run. Tore the front CV boot though.

Rhino seems to run hot. The temp light came on a few times. I didnt think there was enough dirt on the radiator to warrant non cooling. Im gonna fiddle with the carb to see if that will help it.

Then Im thinking of changing clutch spring and weights to get more low end holeshot.