Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Another ground squirl down

  1. #1
    Member GAredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    459

    Default Another ground squirl down

    Well just got back from 8 days on the river looking for bears eating the hooligan and boy was it good. All in all we saw 5 browns and 3 blacks in the first three days. Then it got too hot and the movement went away. I had my 10yr old and another friend (65 yrs old)with me and it was a very memorable hunt.
    While cleaning this bear we had another one come in behind us. I had placed my son on a high point about 10 yards away so he could keep a watch. Low and behold another brown came in behind me and the other guy while cleaning at about 15yards and caught my son off guard at which time he was yelling and backing up then tripped over a log. He did have his 30.06, but I guess the quickness of this thing comming in that close really got him. I had my 44 right beside me and was able to grab, stand and fire two shots at this thing before it could get ugly. Luckly for us he was in the "high tail" mode because I knew I was not going to do too much good in that state of mind with a hand gun. I don't know for sure if I hit him or not but we never found blood. I could right a two page report on the "close" encounters we had but for now please enjoy the pics.
    Oh! Black bears don't care about you when there is fish to be eaten, just ask my son who had one swim with him for about 45 seconds on day four of the hunt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    Good Bear. Good lessons learned for the boy, hopefully he will be on que real soon and lay some more in the shade.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthWest Alaska
    Posts
    3,636

    Default

    ~~LOL!!~~

    And I thoght you were posting about Squirrle hunting..........

    Nice Bears.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

    "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

  4. #4

    Default

    Congrats on the bears! Did your boy take that bear with the '06?

  5. #5
    Member GAredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    459

    Default Yep

    He was shooting the 30-06 and the 300 for me! One shot to the head and it dropped like a ton of lead, no problems!!

  6. #6
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    LOL good thing you did not get into any of them crazy Flyin squirrels that trip...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •