Thread: Are any disposable Bikes worth the price...? Is there a sleeper bike at a box store.?

Default Are any disposable Bikes worth the price...? Is there a sleeper bike at a box store.?

OK, I am closing on 64 years old. I am wanting a bike mostly for fast exit. It is my nature to stay too long in the back of valleys (Like Mills Creek). I end up too tired, and dragging my exhausted butt out on a good bike trail, I thinking.....WOW, If I had a cheap bike I could be off the mountain in 12 to 16 minutes, not an hour plus.

So I was in Los Anchorage @ Fred Meyers and saw a bike for $299.00 less 10% off = $269.00. My question is would it last two years or maybe even three years..?? or is it just junk...???

I don't want a $799.00 bike, I mostly hike, and would like to walk the bike back the valley, hide it, then hike all day till exhausted, then ride down the mountain.

After thought: My last bike was a "Beast" By Pro Flex, wish I still had it.

Last year I bought a K2 ZED 4.4 for about $300 from Sports Authority. It was a year old holdover and it's a great bike for casual riding. Shop around and look for bikes that they are stuck with. Usually they are for half price.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'd check Craigslist or Alaskalist, people are selling good bikes all the time.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!