Thread: Pay It Foreward Thread!

Default Pay It Foreward Thread!

PAY IT FOREWARD!

Okay, here's a thought that I have seen elsewhere (amongst my military brothers), and it works and is REALLY cool. Here's how it works:

1. You post an item that you found in the garage/attic that's too good to throw away...but you want to get rid of/give away.

2. The FIRST person to post "I WANT THAT" also sends you a PM with his address, and arranges the shipping deal between you.

3. YOU ship the item to that person, and get the satisfaction that item will be used by an Alaska Outdoors Forum brother or sister. Then, sometime in the future that person should find something (unused) in their attic to post/give away...effectively "paying it foreward".

That's it.

PS: US Mail "flat rate" boxes are cheap/perfect for this concept. Works great for sporting accessories, etc.
    Always be aware of the laws involving shipping actual firearms receivers...sometimers requiring FFL to FFL shipment.

Default Okay, I'll start:

I have a small black "range bag/camera bag" to give away.
    I'll even pay the shipping.
    Who wants it?

1. First person who posts "I want it" gets it.
    2. PM me with an address to send it.

Kinda better than Christmas, ain't it? And I have a WHOLE ATTIC to clean out! More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguide View Post
    PAY IT FOREWARD!

Okay, here's a thought that I have seen elsewhere (amongst my military brothers), and it works and is REALLY cool. Here's how it works:

1. You post an item that you found in the garage/attic that's too good to throw away...but you want to get rid of/give away.

2. The FIRST person to post "I WANT THAT" also sends you a PM with his address, and arranges the shipping deal between you.

3. YOU ship the item to that person, and get the satisfaction that item will be used by an Alaska Outdoors Forum brother or sister. Then, sometime in the future that person should find something (unused) in their attic to post/give away...effectively "paying it foreward".

That's it.

PS: US Mail "flat rate" boxes are cheap/perfect for this concept. Works great for sporting accessories, etc.
    Always be aware of the laws involving shipping actual firearms receivers...sometimers requiring FFL to FFL shipment.
    Actually..... We have this already! In fact last up was a set of hard cast 44 mag boolets that from what I can see never found a home

It is kind of "hidden" as a sticky in the swap and sell section
    http://www.forums.outdoorsdirectory....999#post693999

Cool! That's what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I still have all this computer stuff that Im sure someone could use listed on it...... Good stuff, any takers? Not sure many check it out. Great idea if it catches on!

Will

Here's the link (again) to that other (correct) thread:
    http://www.forums.outdoorsdirectory....999#post693999

It really works once it catches on. I got a bunch of old Browning HiPower magazines one time, and payed it forward with a Heart Rate Monitor. Very cool, and great way to get rid of a bunch of stuff from the garage/attic...and go to a good cause (our AK Supersite friends).