Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodiak: Andrews or Seahawk

Default Kodiak: Andrews or Seahawk

Been researching these two and they seem pretty equal. Seahawk is a couple hundred bucks more for similar weight at Andrews.

They seem pretty similar. Any negative experiences with either?

Thanks!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

both have great reputations around here... i spoke with Sea hawk last fall... i think there weight is based on a beaver with a little more capaicity... though... i DO NOT Know what Andrews flies.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Andews flies beavers also, they are yellow. I'm partial to Seahawk but know of no problems with Andrews.

Default Seahawk

Roland run a first rate operation, have flown with him several times last year after calling on sat phone he landed within an hour at our camp and helped us finish packing and carring gear to the plane.

The only difference is when schedules get tight Andrews has multiple planes and Seahawk has one. Roland is a first rate pilot and both are well run operations. If you are on a tight time line and weather gets bad Andrews can catch up faster. They both fly from the same dock.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default what everyone else says

I've always flown with Andrews and always been happy with the service.
    they have a couple of beavers & a 206 (don't know if they got the turbo beaver back in operation yet).
    Gary

kodiak is one of those places that knows how to run air taxi's..i've heard of andrews helpin' roland out if he gets in a jam, not sure if its true or not. but i fly andrews just because they have more planes and more flexability. they even let me keep a chest freezer in their hanger...good people there.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I have flown with Andrew's a couple times and they are top notch! Having said that, I would fly with Roland (seahawk) any day. Heard nothing but good about him and his buisness through many friends that have flown with him. Your in good hands with both Andrews and Seahawk.

Roland is unflappable. Read that as he cannot be flapped, steady as a stone!! That said I would fly with either operation but after this last season w/ seahawk they have my allegiance if they are available when I need to fly.

Flip a coin.

Default Seahawk Air

I have had nothing but the best service with Roland 7 different times, I started using his service after UYAK Air went out of business, But Dean at Andrews is a great pilot and very personable. They have a famous pilot and Singer at Andrews, (Willy Fulton) who flew out to pick up TTs remains after the mauling.

Smile Flown with both

Roland is a class act and I will fly with him every time. Like Jake said, Andrews will help Roland out from time to time. I have flown with Andrews also and have nothing but good to report about them. You can't go wrong with either one. Andrews walk in cooler/freezer at the airport is handy. Seahawk also has a freezer but not as big (chest I believe). They both have nice planes. I lean towards Seahawk because of Roland. He is an excellent and seasoned pilot and will go out of his way to accomodate.

Thumbs up Seahawk Air

Roland is a great guy and a 5 star pilot. You can't go wrong with them.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Last trip in I ran out of time to finish my last deer before Seahawk landed. He had an empty Beaver for the one of me and my gear, so he had me chuck the whole deer in back and process it in the hangar. He didn't even give me grief about it- though he did tell me it was the first hunter he'd picked up that had to run across a flooded tide flat with a deer over his shoulder!

Thanks for the input and advice! Decided to go with Andrew's.

Default SeaHawk

I've flown w/ SeaHawk a fair amount. I know dozens of others that have flown w/ them as well. Their personal attention, professional demeanor and willingness to accommodate never ceases to amaze me.

I have no experience with Andrews but have no reason to doubt they would be anything but a good operation. I can't imagine a bad business would ever survive in competing with SeaHawk. I'm guessing they both run great operations and their fight against one another is only this - who can out do the other's good service.

Kind of hard to loose in that situation.

As long as SeaHawk continues to meet my needs I'll never call another. I don't even care if I could book a cheaper taxi. I like their service, I like them. In planning a trip to Kodiak I always budget for a hefty tip for SeaHawk.

Pick up the phone and call each operation. When you hang up from the phone calls see what your gut tells ya...

Later,
    Winmag...

ps... I flew w/ Rolan (SeaHawk most recently in April 2010) and I'm scheduled for a late fall 2010 as well... Ya I like'em that much...

Default oops...

just saw your post beat mine by 10 minutes... No matter others will read this in future searches... This type of information exchange is exactly why I check in and hang out...

Good luck and have fun!

I've flown with Andrews three times, been great every time.

Have also heard great things about Seahawk, so I'm sure either of them can do the job just fine.

My .02.

Default Wow,

This is one of the first threads that I can say in years that is 100% positive and thats pretty rare around here. I would say you can not go wrong with either as they both are or have great pilots and are professionals who live their passion.

Terry

kodiaks got alot of things right..from the troopers actually being in the field to fish and game being on the ball with everything to the flight services being great...i havent' found service like that anywhere else in the state.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast